Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keates dislocates finger punching assistant on Wrexham managerial debut

FF News

A new job in the afternoon and the first game as the newly-appointed manager in the evening, it was quite a day for Wrexham's Dean Keates.

Keates, 38, had an eventful night and not just because they conceded a late goal in their 2-2 draw with Barrow.

"I punched [assistant manager] Andy Davies in the face for our first goal and the second he dislocated my finger," Keates said.

"We had to get the doctor to pop my finger back in."

The former Walsall and Peterborough United midfielder was appointed Gary Mills' successor after three games in charge of Wrexham as caretaker manager.

John Rooney's 78th-minute strike looked to have sealed a second successive win for Keates' side but Ryan Yates levelled in the 88th minute to rescue a point for Barrow.

"It's been [a day of] highs and lows but I'm proud of the lads," Keates told BBC Radio Wales.

"Obviously we're disappointed with the result but there's something there to work with and we'll go forward."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

Source

Archived