Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Currie hails outstanding Daggers after Dover win

FF News

Dagenham and Redbridge assistant Manager Darren Currie hailed his side as outstanding after their weekend win over Dover Athletic.

The Daggers number two said "I thought we was outstanding all over the pitch and what makes the win more pleasing in a way is that it’s on the back of two disappointing results in the two home games and now we have gone away and got our third away win in a row.

We showed some real steel when we needed to in protecting our goal, we could of had two or three more goals on the counter attack. I think our work ethic and our desire to get back on track after two disappointing results was outstanding so every player deserves every credit for Saturday’s performance.

As much as you want energy, fight and ability with the ball the players in the centre is a good area to have the experience we had in there on Saturday and Guttridge and Boucaud know how to manage each other, they know how to manage themselves and they know how to manage the game.

When you are playing two experienced players you can almost let them get on with it, you don’t have to spend so much time getting information into them as they know the job that’s is being asked of them. With the more games Okuonghae plays he’s getting fitter, stronger and sharper and Paul Benson today was outstanding today with his work rate, it was a great team performance today right through the spine was rock solid and you got your bits of flair around them with Whitely, Maguire-Drew and Assombalonga who I thought worked really hard today. So balance of the side was great Saturday and work ethic was excellent.

This is football, from one game to the next you can go from being down in the dumps to being on top of the world, everyone knows we are extremely disappointed with the two home games in particular the Torquay game as we just lacked that quality in the final third, we had that quality today that got us the goals but again really we should have had more with the chances we are creating, but we’ll get that killer instinct back.

It does make it more pleasing to come to a rival on the back of two disappointing results and play the way we did and the result is the ultimate, but the performance was outstanding.

I think for us to be successful this season it is going to be about momentum, I would expect the manager to make one or two changes because the players need a rest because several are running on empty. We have to manage the squad at the moment with the injuries we are carrying, we are not in the position to make too many but this season is about momentum and when you win you want to play so I would expect come next weekend they will all want to be out there anyway. So we’ll put out a team this weekend and attempt to win as we always do.

We have got to take advantage on the FA trophy game being at home, we have got to take advantage as we don’t want the replay and wew want to get back on track with winning home games and making our ground a fortress once again. Momentum is going to be the key and we just have to keep going in every competition we’re in"

Source: www.daggers.co.uk

Source

Archived