Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Needham Market

littlehampton

Don't miss this match  -  it promises to be a real pre-Christmas cracker!!

On paper this Ryman Premier Division match looks too close to call. Town have only lost one home league match this season, whilst our visitors Needham Market have only lost two games on their travels, at Harlow Town (1-5) and Merstham (1-4). The Marketmen currently sit 3rd in the table, eight points ahead of Town in 6th position, having played one match more.

Needham are unquestionably a useful side, but Town are on an impressive run themselves, with just one loss in their past 13 league matches, and will severely test The Marketmen at Donkey Lane on Saturday afternoon (3.00pm).

Last season Town did the double over Needham, winning 2-3 at Bloomfields last December, and a convincing 3-0 at Donkey Lane back in April in our last home game of the season.

Town have performed well against other promotion contenders in recent matches, and know they will need to deliver another high-energy performance, full of guts and determination, to win this encounter, to close the gap and continue their climb up the table.

Good luck everyone. Let's give Brad and the boys stacks of loud noisy home support !!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

What can you say, except to say that the two points lost to day were not by the

players on the field by the team off it.

Who made the incredulous decision to send on Collins for the tired/injured

Cook with only 10 minutes to go? Not forgetting the numerous misses the team were still

fighting hard to maintain their lead and if a substitution was needed why

not use one of the other subs, all of whom including BQ, would have brought a bit more

steel than the one chosen. In those last ten minutes the nature of his game was not what the team needed but a Crook like character to help hold the midfield. I saw two names on the sheet that could have completed that role and before someone says " it's a matter of opinion" no if you had been one of the other 10 players ask them what they felt was

needed.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall in the home dressing because those who played the whole game gave their all!!! Someone lost the plot and unless I can

be persuaded otherwise I stick with my view.

I agree with you ST, but it was still one that we should and could have won with a bit more thought.

It seems BQ obviously has little faith in Dickson and Bimoutine and favours

Collins,whose type of game does not always fit the circumstances required at the

time.

If my assumption is correct then surely the best option to day was to put himself on for those last few minutes which, I am sure most would agree, would have been the most sensible thing to do. On the pitch he could of added the leadership required to organise the team to see out the game. Something badly lacking in those

last minutes. Otherwise why list yourself as a sub?

We always seem to have quite a number of people around the bench. I often wonder

whether they offer any advice to BQ when deciding team changes.

Again, agree with you totally. When the board went up with 5 minutes extra time, my heart sank. Instead of shutting up shop and making a defensive sub, we continued to go for the fourth and you just knew that always had the capability of breaking away and equalizing. Ah well......

I am in agreement. I have said it within a previous thread that there appears to be too many non players in the dug out giving their opinions about what players should be doing. Some of the negative comments were laughable.

It was a very good game which could have ended with an even bigger score with either side winning. Looking forward to Tuesday now.

Obvious cliche is 'That's football' and it is about opinions.

With Brads opinion we are one defeat in 14 league games and are an exciting attacking team, as were Needham . Cracking game should have won, got a point, we move on.

Lowestoft scored 5 at Kingstonian yesterday so another tester on Tuesday at Donkey Lane, it's a great period for us, loads of positives, even better if we win Tuesday, boys have and are currently expressing fantastic energy, driven on by Brad and the fans

Archived