Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

Next Season - A question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Jeff RAS (Barnet)

Jeff RAS (Barnet)
  • Onlooker
When the restructuring goes ahead in the summer, it looks highly likely that Enfield will be relegated (again!) to step 4 of the non-league structure, whilst Enfield Town, should they apply, will be promoted to step 4 of the non-league structure from their existing feeder.

With both clubs in the same league, would you honestly retain both clubs or simply accept that Enfield Town stands for everthing that is right in football and merge with Enfield Town?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
What's all this 'step 4' talk.....The structure for next year hasn't been finalised.

Most probably ETFC will be promoted into the equivalent of Ryman1 (north)if they win the ESL......So they would be in the same league as EFC next season.(if EFC can avoid relegation).....Otherwise EFC will have to rely on 'favourable restructuring' to remain in the equivalent of Ryman1 (north) next season.

At the moment ETFC (in the ESL) are only 3 step's away from the conference....so if they win promotion this season...I expect them to be promoted to a league that is no more than 2 steps away from the conference.

Jeff RAS (Barnet)
  • Onlooker
http://www.tonykemps...romrel03-04.htm

This is what I mean...

i.e Enfield Town will be invited into Level 4 and you will be demoted as one of the 31 Isthmian Div 1 clubs not to remain at Level 3.

offline Enfield 37

Enfield 37
  • Reserves
Jeff

What you have to take into account is the fact these ETFC wa@@ers dont understand the consept of levels 3 and 4 they are in a pub league at present and my manage to get into some form of new set up by default next season.

As for Enfield dropping down a level and getting relegated that is to be decided.

With clubs going into the Con south and Ryman prem losing clubs club from Ryman 1n and 1s will make up the numbers.

This would leave the sides at the bottom of D1n and D1s to make up the new Ryman D1 that will be there whatever happens.

Enfield may only have to finish off the bottom to stay in this league, the sides below like ETFC and AFCW may be asked to make up the numbers if they win there leagues.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Talking of pub teams,37.....when are EFC going to start charging the players 'subs'.

Or are they going to survive on 'wip-rounds' indefinatly.

Jeff RAS (Barnet)
  • Onlooker
Check out this link and include Enfield Town as one of the 16 clubs invited into the new structure from the feeders...

http://www.tonykemps....co.uk/maps.htm

What I was getting at is that at the moment Enfield are in Ryman Div 1 North i.e 2 steps off the Conference.

Next season, it appears likely you will go into Isthmian Division 1...Not the Isthmian Premier, as will Enfield Town who will make up one of the 16 additional applicants from the feeder leagues.
You will both then be 3 steps off the Conference.

offline SOS

SOS
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Quote:
Enfield 37 said:
...may manage to get into some form of new set up by default next season.

That's rich coming from you. ETFC will gain promotion by merit. EFC are a team that could avoid relegation by default due to restructuring.

offline Beer Sponsor

Beer Sponsor
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I continue to struggle with the idea that the Essex Senior League should be deemed a pub league. The giveaway, for me at least, is the inclusion of the word 'Senior' in the title-oh and perhaps where this whole thread is leading to in terms of who plays in what league from next season.

Should EFC come to be relegated at the end of this season [or seek to join an alternative league-perhaps including around Essex based teams!], then this opinion is going to look pretty silly isn't it?

Jeff RAS (Barnet)
  • Onlooker
Being completely objective on the matter, if I was on the selection committee for the formation of a new league next season, I would be doing everything I could to ensure I didn't have Enfield FC as one of my members, simply due to the lack of stability. Enfield Town on the other hand I would see as a team that would do my new league proud.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, but non-league football appears to be attempting to take a huge step forward with the new structure and I would have thought the Isthmian League will be looking for clear evidence that Enfield FC has a future before next season begins.

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
Jeff RAS (Barnet) said:
Being completely objective on the matter, if I was on the selection committee for the formation of a new league next season, I would be doing everything I could to ensure I didn't have Enfield FC as one of my members, simply due to the lack of stability. Enfield Town on the other hand I would see as a team that would do my new league proud.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, but non-league football appears to be attempting to take a huge step forward with the new structure and I would have thought the Isthmian League will be looking for clear evidence that Enfield FC has a future before next season begins.

''Being completely objective'' What a Barnet Supporter talking about Enfield, are you feeling ok, still drink from the festivities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus