Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leatherhead v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Town will take the field shortly at Fetcham Grove, to face hosts Leatherhead in what is sure to be a tough, fiercely competitive, Ryman Premier Division fixture, for both clubs.

The Tanners have started to show signs of recovery recently, following a number of new signings and departures. Town are on an impressive unbeaten run, but are chalking up too many draws, and need to put together a run of wins, to boost our points total and promotion chances.

Leatherheads home form is very similiar to Towns away record, so another draw this afternoon would come as no surprise. That said, Town have turned in some very impressive performances, against top sides away from home, and won 0-3 against The Tanners on this ground last season, which gives cause for optimism that we can come away today with a win and three precious points. Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Disappointing that our unbeaten run in the league has come to an end at Leatherhead, and that a former Town player, released recently, scored what proved to be the winner in our 2-1 defeat today.

With the majority of the other promotion contenders winning this afternoon, and other sides closing the gap behind us in the table, it must be of considerable concern to our football management team that we are all to often giving away early goals to opponents, and end up chasing games, and/or relying on a strong second half performance to get something from a match.

On paper we have a decent squad of players, and when they perform well (Havant?) they are very good. But, for some obscure reason, we are slow starters and, like today, get caught cold, and punished. Why is this happening, and what needs to be done to rectify the situation?

Yes, there is still a long way to go, but unless issues like this are addressed, sooner than later, we will struggle to achieve our aims and objectives in the face of stiff competition.

Be very interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this topic.

I think Brad will agree,that was the worst 1st half league performance i have seen.

We improved when Scott came on and came to life a bit after we scored but it was to little to late.

I think i would agree that Percy in midfield didnt quite work out although he worked hard.

Heads up and we go agin Boxing Day.

Happy xmas to you all.

Archived