Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

arrow Borough v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Great result and from what I saw the team played well.

I agree that brad needs to keep everyone involved and at 4-0 he could have afforded to play the younger subs in a game where we were dominating. Would have done their development the world of good. Percy did get on eventually replacing John. Mickey was being rested i presume. Keir seems to be fading out of the picture. Sami has hardly been seen recently as well.

We have a talented group hard to keep them all happy. Perhaps we need to loan them out because if we have an injury or suspension we will need match fit and ready replacements.

Whether you are alone or not 4wembley finals, I think we have not used Tom Collins enough. He has superb delivery skills, has scored important goals and adds a different dimension to our attack. For example against Harlow, Dernell and Bobby were duplicating and we needed a change  of shape which Tom brought to the team when he came on. He also played a key role in good wins at Cheshunt and Kingstonian in two of his limited starts.

As for speculation about a new striker, Brad has a difficult decision and just inserting a goalscorer may not be the answer unless its someone of high calibre. Clearly either Tom, Bobby, Dernell or Harry would be displaced. Dernell is making great progress and needs the sort of experience he is now getting to develop. Harry is such a hard worker. Those two must stay. Bobby is having a poor season by his standards but all strikers go through a lean period and with a confidence  boost he he could soon be about to find the net regularly again. 

if we get another striker then I think we need more outlets for game time. Without a reserve side a lot of players will be disgruntled and unfit if called upon. If we leave the starting 11 from Saturday out then.

Ssamir, Nigel, Percy, Keir, Jordan, Billy, Nikki, would make the basis of a very useful rymans prem team.

The fifth goal was by Dernell too - not sure how he got confused with Harry?!

I also think Tom Collins is much improved and is just coming into his own - has had a couple of very good cameos recently. The central midfield 3 of Billy, Scott and Nathan were all outstanding on Monday, we played some scintillating football at times.

Very unlucky not to get the win at Leiston too - would have been thoroughly deserved if we could have held on but great to see the way we bounced back from that disappointment. 

Interesting to read the comments on the quotes in the Gazette last week, that purported

to be quoting Brad. and the signing of a centre forward. We will have to see if anything materialises or whether it was in fact a miss quote. After all today the same paper is reporting the 5-2 win at Harrow!!

Regarding young Collins it was interesting to read some of your comments. I do not deny that he has some deft touches and distributes the ball well. However, scouts would tend to refer to him as a

"floater ". This is someone who rarely commits to a challenge and only tends to apply his skills when he has several yards of space. It is a paradox, but with the right mentor no doubt he could succeed at a higher level where he would get this time. But in the levels of the Ryman league football, time is a hidden commodity, and that is where he is playing. He will have to learn to adapt to its requirements. What I question is whether the team can absorb

his adaption at the expense of others on the bench.

More importantly there is coincidence which seems to have arisen upon his recent introductions late in games and it may seem absurd to question it. But have you noticed that recently, very shortly after his appearance, we tend to lose momentum and have invariably conceded a goal and the several points with it.? I know it sounds harsh and I am not saying it is solely his fault, of course not, but the sequence of events are there as a fact and therefore a real coincidence. You must admit it's a bit spooky!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Sorry 4 Wembley finals but I dont think the facts the facts support your argument re Tom Collins substitutions. He came on against Harlow-won; Leatherhead. lost but late rally; Needham, late concession; Tonbridge, late equaliser for Town; Worthing,won; Canvey x 2, won both.

In the case of Needham I question the decision to bring  on late this type of player when we needed to tighten up. This one is done to management IMO, not the player.

The times I have seen him play he has given the ball away too easily. He was a lot better against Harrow playing more short passes back or laterally with a few longer balls over the top.

His positioning and decision making when playing wide left or right is more of a problem which brad was clearly frustrated about. In reality I am not sure what his best position is. He is 24 and played as a striker elsewhere and is perhaps just filling in. I have never seen him up top so couldn't comment on that but I don't really see him as an attacking midfielder.