Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bank Holiday Monday review article

Good report, Foxy, even though I as a 'Chicks' man didn't enjoy reading the last part !

Obviously your report was shorter due to your recovery from festive cheer.

Lets just hope the Meadowbank builders have now recovered from their seasonal jolities and can actually get on with the job in hand !!

(I must now consult my instruction book on breath holding !!!)

:bolt:

I wasn't having a 'pop' at all.

As I understood the situation, the ground and building project was promised to be up and running by the first day of the coming season season this spring.

With more bad weather likely to follow, I think that might just be a tad ambitious.

Do you know if the contractors are on a penalty clause for late completion ?

The original timescale when the work began was that the pitch would be available for pre-season training and the clubhouse would be handed over in August.

There isn't much slack in the timetable for delays, but the good progress made so far should buy a bit of extra time should the weather take a turn for the worse.

I agree with Jeff that saying you hope the workmen will get back to the job in hand but won't hold your breath feels very much like having a pop.

There really is no issue here whatsoever. Even if, in the long run, the work does end up over running by a few weeks, let's just celebrate what's being achieved. A brand new football stadium is being built right in the middle of Dorking town centre, with a 3G pitch, that will provide a vibrant new £4.5m football facility and home for a CCL club, where other CCL clubs will also be able to enjoy coming to play.

This isn't a pipe dream - you can see it actually happening in front of your eyes. And all in a location where, only 3 years ago, the only thing likely to be built was a Sainsbury's.

The only appropriate response from anyone who loves local non-league football is pure, unadulterated positivity.

Don't think JR was taking a pop, at a guess I would say like me he is also involved in the construction industry and the building site banter of this time of year.

Projects being ahead of schedule are nice but things can rapidly change for a multitude of reasons.

Archived