Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v AFC Sudbury

littlehampton

Tomorrow afternoon (Saturday 3.00pm) Town welcome AFC Sudbury to the Queen Elizabeth Stadium, with an opportunity to put the records straight, having lost 2-0 away to the Suffolk side, back in August, following their promotion to the Ryman Premier Division last season.

Our visitors have made a decent start to their first ever season in the RPD, and are currently 16th in the table. They have won 4 of their 12 away matches, with wins coming at Grays, Merstham, Harlow, and Billericay.

Town themselves are in excellent form, and have put in some fine performances over the festive period, taking seven points out of a possible nine, which has lifted us up to sixth in the table.

To achieve our hopes of the play-offs we need to keep the momentum going, and Brad and the boys will be hell-bent on getting another three points from this match. The team will be boosted by the availability of Nathan Livings, following a lengthy injury lay-off. Welcome back Nathan!

So an exciting match in prospect, and with Spurs playing on Sunday, let's hope we get a good turnout and plenty of loud noisy home support for Brad and the boys as they look to push-on up the table.

I'm really looking forward to this one. See you there!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

That was a great performance ! First half we were excellent, the interplay at times was brilliant. We had lots of chances and to go in 3 up at half time would have been about right. However, the pivotal moment came when Nathan Livings, who was having a really good game, was sent off for a dangerous challenge after 30 minutes. I saw it and it wasn't a good challenge but it was his first indiscretion and I thought it was a nailed on yellow card not a red, maybe that's why I'm not a ref. We played for 60 minutes with 10 men and still went for the second goal. We defended heroically and even after the refs 'Fergie time', he must have played 10 minutes extra, we got our just desserts and took the three points. Make no mistake, that was a massive three points today and we deserved all three of them. Well done boys !

That was a great performance ! First half we were excellent, the interplay at times was brilliant. We had lots of chances and to go in 3 up at half time would have been about right. However, the pivotal moment came when Nathan Livings, who was having a really good game, was sent off for a dangerous challenge after 30 minutes. I saw it and it wasn't a good challenge but it was his first indiscretion and I thought it was a nailed on yellow card not a red, maybe that's why I'm not a ref. We played for 60 minutes with 10 men and still went for the second goal. We defended heroically and even after the refs 'Fergie time', he must have played 10 minutes extra, we got our just desserts and took the three points. Make no mistake, that was a massive three points today and we deserved all three of them. Well done boys !

Well said..Totally agree.

Nailed on red card. The referee went straight over to the incident and I thought he should he should have pulled out the red card straightaway to calm things down.

In terms of time. The second half started at 4.10pm and finished just before 5.00pm so I think the timings were correct.

Good rearguard action sealed the win.

Another great performance with some really good football played by the boys in the first half.

Was always going to be difficult with 10 men, particularly as I thought Sudbury looked a good side - better than some we've played recently. A very encouraging battling second half.

Looked like a red card from where I was standing but I agree that it's often player's reactions that get the player sent off. Ref clearly wasn't sure - took an age including consulting his assistant (no criticism for that) - throughout which time the Sudbury player stayed down and looked badly hurt. Miraculously got to his feet within seconds of the red card being issued, showing no ill effects....

Nailed on red card. The referee went straight over to the incident and I thought he should he should have pulled out the red card straightaway to calm things down.

In terms of time. The second half started at 4.10pm and finished just before 5.00pm so I think the timings were correct.

Good rearguard action sealed the win.

I made it nearly 7 minutes injury time.Even with six subs resulting in 3 minutes add on.Not sure where the other 4 minutes came from as no other breaks in play...Did notice the ref started stopping and starting his watch in the last 15 minutes of the game.Thought he was going to be one of those refs that was just going to carry on playing until the oppo equalized.

Andy I have to bow to your experience as a ref however if you got a clear view of the red then you couldn't have had a clear view if the two yellows over the other side of the pitch.

As for FJ I know that you stand behind the goal and I was closer. I did not understand the red and still don't. It was a clumsy tackle but not particularly dangerous. Neither of you have commented on the childish reaction of the Sudbury players or the comment above about the way the player had a miraculous recovery after the sending off.

I am really pleased that Bradley doesn't have Town playing like that.