Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just a few ground related points.

lovely stuff

The overall attending of a game at the QE is a very nice experience.Plenty of parking.Nice stadium.Friendly staff,Good football being played on a good playing surface.etc

But there are a couple of things that do spoil the occasion slightly game after game.One being the danger of standing behind the goals before Kick-off (and to a lesser extend at the half-time interval).Most away teams seem to spend the whole time just smashing the ball as hard as possible into the net and into the stand.What with our stands being extremely close to the pitch,trying to avoid a 70mph shot at such a short distance can be impossible and can be frightening especially to our more elderly supporters.Even standing or walking directly behind the goal doesn't offer much protection either because of the way the ball travels a long way into the net (and subsequently into the fan area) due to the extremely loose and saggy goal-netting.I know it not an easy thing to improve on but just highlighting a these points in case of future liability claims that may result from significant injuries..(Ps..It seems to be the teams that are mid-table and below that just smash the ball randonly at the goal during the warm-up..Sunday park-football style'..The better teams seem to have more structured training sessions before kick-off).

Secondly,the very loud smashing of footballs at the back of the stand whilst the match is going on by younger fans who are not watching the game.This can also be alarming.I have no problem with the kids playing football behind the goals (the area is plenty big enough),just the constant noise and shock of the ball being smashed at metal fencing a few inches from where you are standing can be quite disconcerting.

Sorry to sound like an old grump. :angry:  :D These are not major major points,but just something i thought needed highlighting.

Secondly,the very loud smashing of footballs at the back of the stand whilst the match is going on by younger fans who are not watching the game.This can also be alarming.I have no problem with the kids playing football behind the goals (the area is plenty big enough),just the constant noise and shock of the ball being smashed at metal fencing a few inches from where you are standing can be quite disconcerting.

Not to mention the occasional ball flying onto the pitch.  This might cost us a goal one day

All good points for making the ETFC experience an even more pleasant and enjoyable one.

It's also about having volunteers of doers and executors with so much more than meets the eye needing doing on match days.

The nets appear too big for the goals giving the reasons they sag so much, instead of the tighter fit type.

I feel we also need an additional outbuilding which could incorporate a new walk-in club shop+supporters club desk point, a very large 'sponsored shed ' would do imo. It would release the current clubshop for other positive usage and allow Mr Hicks + Co greater scope in his commercial skills.

It'll eventually have to become a paid responsibility of match day management a bit like at Dulwich but without the heavy handedness

There is plenty of land behind the Cambridge Road end how about the club putting up a small goal, say a metre high, for the kids to play with. Fewer balls should come over especially if the kids are warned any balls on the pitch will not be returned.

Archived