Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bognor Regis Town v Enfield Town

littlehampton

A real humdinger of a match in prospect, down here on the south coast tomorrow afternoon, when Town travel to Nyewood Lane to take on table-toppers Bognor, in one of the key Ryman Premier Division clashes of the day.

Both teams are in excellent form, and will fancy their chances in a match too close to call. The Rocks are having a great season, after narrowly missing out on promotion last term, and have only suffered two home league defeats to date, against Lowestoft (1-3) and Hendon (0-2).

Town played well to secure a well deserved 1-1 draw at Nyewood Lane last season, and with only two defeats in their last 21 league matches, are in hot pursuit of a play-off spot, and will be looking to give a good account of themselves against the league favourites.

It will be a tough match for both sides, but Brad and the boys have delivered some superb away performances this season, and will need another high-energy team display tomorrow, if we are to secure a positive result from this showdown.

Good luck everyone. See you there!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

I have just travelled the short distance home after seeing a thrilling match between two quality sides, and another excellent team performance from the Town to secure a precious away point against the league leaders.

Town started well, were by far the better side in the first half, and were good value for their half time lead. We continued to look comfortable after the interval, but Bognor began to pose more of a threat, after making a couple of early substitutions, and equalised around the hour mark, after a period of sustained pressure, and chances at both ends.

Three points would have been nice, but in the end a draw was a fair result. Town can be very proud of their performance today, they are becoming a very difficult team to beat, and if we keep playing the way we did today, we will definitely be strong contenders for one of the play-off places.

Well done to Brad and the boys, and to all the Towners who travelled down to Bognor. Great support today guys!

The Bognor forum reflect the opinions of our own. We are not ruthless in front of goal otherwise we would have buried them by half Time.

Big 6 games coming up.

Grays H Tonbridge A Burgess H Met Pol A Wingate A Billericay H

I'd say we need 16 points from 18 to be in the driving seat and 12 to stay in touch

Spot on eu.

With a goal poacher in the side a lot Of our draws would have been wins without a doubt.

Im sure Brad is looking for such a player unless of course his hands are tied by budget restraints.

I'm sure the board will be asked budget questions at the A.G.M.

Hard hat time Paul.?

Thought we were excellent again yesterday. Very interesting to read the intelligent comments on the Bognor forum that mostly called it right - we had the better of the first half and they stepped it up in the second. We still had chances to win it and might have done on another day but they did too and a draw was probably fair.

Brad was very brave with the line up, picking all 3 forwards as well as Tyler and Jon Meluba playing very advanced. That probably had the element of surprise.

Very proud of players and fans yesterday - reminded us all what a great club we have. Bognor fans were very welcoming too after their difficulties with Billericay last week, nice club, of those up there at the moment I'd be quite happy for them to win it. 

It was good to read that both sets of supporters appear to agree that it was a

a great game yesterday. Especially, when several of their supporters state that by half time we would have been out of sight. if we had had a predatory goal scorer to turn the

chances created into goals.

As flattering as these word are, coming from the opposition supporters, many of us have

been saying this for a number of seasons, not withstanding Corey's exploits.

I am still mystified why there has been no follow up to Brad's announcement a

couple of weeks ago regarding the possible imminent arrival of a new striker. At the

forthcoming meeting it would be nice to hear what transpired. Were his offers

declined or, as Vauxhallman suggested, did the additional cost of another player

breach budget confines. It would help supporters/members to know where we stand.

I heard that we offered the player more money than he was currently getting and he used this information to screw a rise out of his present club. of course this is only rumour and I doubt that we will get the full story even if we ask at the AGM.

Archived