Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hendon

littlehampton

After an outstanding team performance down here on the south coast on Saturday, Town return to Donkey Lane in confident mood, to face Hendon tomorrow (Tuesday) evening in the Middlesex Senior Cup quarter final. KO: 7.45pm.

This will be the third meeting between the north London rivals this season, with Town beating the Green's 6-0 at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium back in September, and drawing 1-1 away early last month. Four league points from six is not a bad haul against our old rivals!

League form counts for very little in cup competitions, and with the incentive of a semi-final place at stake, you can guarantee this will be a very close, fiercely competitive local derby. The outcome will be decided on the night, if necessary by a penalty shoot out.

Don't miss this exciting cup action...it should be quite a match! Our guys are playing really well, let's hear it for Brad and the boys tomorrow night!

Good luck everyone. Enjoy the match!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

HT  Enfield Town  0-0  Hendon

Sorry folk but not much news coming out of the QES at the moment. From what I can gather, we have fielded pretty much a full strength team this evening, there have been chances at both ends, but it remains goal-less at the interval.

From reading the "official Report" it sound the same old malaise, ratio of goals

scored to chances created. It's starting to sound like our epitaph!!!! But with

our funding restraints what can one do? We can only hope that fortune favours our

present squad and, repeating myself again, hope that they obtain the place in the

play-offs I believe their efforts deserve. Especially, after the usual bad start

at the beginning of the season of the season.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

We should of won 11-8 from clear cut chances . Entertaining game, I couldn't give two hoots about this cup, it's now nice just to concentrate on our playoff push and hopefully identify a fox in the box finisher which will help our cause for the next 18 so games.

Grays are bottom but can get results. They beat folkstone away recently and Dulwich only just made it to 2-0 in instoppage time. Got to be careful and ruthless. It's a big game for sure which then leads to Tonbridge away on Tuesday

I am not sure that the 'Fox in the Box' exists in our division. I have not seen one.

For those of a certain vintage I am thinking Jimmy Bolton or even Leroy Whale when at Bashley ; prolific forwards who just seem to score in each game they play.The closest I have seen in the last 3 years to a top, top forward at 'our' level is Dave Tarpey at Maidenhead. I just believe we have to persevere with the players we have and sharpen up in front of goal. Practice and belief.

TownEndleftside

Christian Assombalonga was brilliant for a under-performing Waltham Abbey side in RD1N last season.....joined Dagenham & Redbridge so I am guessing would be on decent money each week.... just joined the #Billaticos... he'll score bundles for them but on what sort of wage per week in this league?

I am not with lots of knowledge re £££ per week but know a decent odd school number 9 goal scorer probably commands the most money...

Speaking of Billericay they have also signed Joe Ellul for a fee from East Thurrock United....