Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hendon

littlehampton

All members were told tonight that we have a decent playing budget so please, no more excuses about lack of money. Yes, the business has to work within its means, but the playing budget is within the top 6 to 8 teams of the division.

And I'd suggest that in Devyne, Ottaway and Wynter we have a strike force which is within the top 6 to 8 teams of the division.

I am still not convinced we do have a playing budget within the top 7 or 8 teams.

I question weather the board actually share the same asperations as the managment and supporters regarding promotion.

A question was raised about the bar area last night at the agm and it recieved a total blank from the board,there was more interest in complaining about fans biratting the ref at the end of matches.

I am still not convinced we do have a playing budget within the top 7 or 8 teams.

I question weather the board actually share the same asperations as the managment and supporters regarding promotion.

A question was raised about the bar area last night at the agm and it recieved a total blank from the board,there was more interest in complaining about fans biratting the ref at the end of matches.

I think you are being a bit unfair. The board cannot make people stay on for a drink after the game or make use of the bar during the week. As for so called supporters berating the officials, this is a big issue which needs dealing with.

I think possibly a purpose built modern club house would attract more people before and after games and would most certainly help the social commitee when arranging entertainment,but the board just sweep these points under the mat

As for fans moaning at the officials simple answer get some decent ones and the moaning would stop."or would it"!

New proper bar/clubhouse with ovens and built as a music venue too will cost imo £250k-£350k. Our structure means we still can't payoff the current much smaller loans.

How can we make this happen though?

1/ all begin campaigning and attracting supporters to treble our gates

2/ find 7-8 people to give £50k interest free which can be paid back post build over a period of say 5-10 years

3/ have a Sutton United like FA cup run which would solve the lot.

4/ win The euro millions

All the above are serious comments otherwise how else?

I think the bar issue is, to some extent, a red herring. I know it's a good income earner for us at the moment and some people put a lot of hard work into making it a success which is appreciated - I'm sure it's frustrating when they don't seem to get as much support as they would like. There aren't too many pubs making a lot of money these days though so it's obviously a difficult area in which to make money. Contrary to the criticism above, I thought the Chairman called it right at the AGM when he said that some people just don't want to drink more in the bar and attend more functions. For me, I started coming to Enfield in my early teens and drinking has just never been part of my matchday experience. That's not to say you shouldn't keep up your efforts though - just an acknowledgement of reality.

Also surprised with the particular criticism that the board have differing ambitions to the supporters. Whilst I absolutely defend your right to air your view, is it really borne out by the facts? Our board ARE supporters, first and foremost, and put a lot of dedication in to making our club a success. Accounts were presented at the AGM covering the period to the end of June 2016 - these showed a 36% increase in the wage bill year on year. This is the reason why we're now told we have a top 6 to 8 playing budget - albeit likely to be under some pressure given the hand to mouth nature of our finances and the £17k or thereabouts reduction in prize money for this year. Shows how much of a priority we should place on FA Cup and FA Trophy in future seasons. I'm very pleased that we've focussed in recent years on putting what spare cash we have into the team.

The board also has plans for increasing the wage bill if we achieve promotion - all of which needs to be funded. To the board I'd say keep up the good work. Please know that your hard work for our club is greatly appreciated by the vast majority - and the great thing about our set up is that if there are those that can do a better job they too can have influence. This was positively called for at the AGM. I thought those presenting at the AGM all did a really good job at representing OUR club.

New proper bar/clubhouse with ovens and built as a music venue too will cost imo £250k-£350k. Our structure means we still can't payoff the current much smaller loans.

2/ find 7-8 people to give £50k interest free which can be paid back post build over a period of say 5-10 years

4/ win The euro millions

At this level the loans are huge!

4/ win The euro millions

We attracted a gate of 575 for yesterday's game with 'Football for a fiver' appearing to help. How about continuing with this type of promotion? Yes, I know that gate income may have been down, but just look at the number of extra people who came through the door, who may come back.

In the mix with football for 6.

Footballs in heaven, just pay us 7.

The football is great, why not pay 8.

Watch, wine and dine and pay just 9.

Possible trial at county cup level?

In terms of EU's thoughts, 1 and 3 are possibles. Can't see 2 and 4 happening but at least it gets people thinking.

Behind the west end terracing. The surface is great for the kids to play football. How about removing the jumping area during the season, having some form of fencing erected with netting above, and letting the kids play without disturbing the rest of us? I know it would cost money, but at least it could attract more youngsters. Stepped it out yesterday and it could be an area of about 35 x 15 metres.

4/ win The euro millions

Some interesting thoughts and ideas from EU on how we might finance the cost of a new clubhouse. With this in mind, it is eye-opening to read on the Ryman League website that our old Enfield FC manager Peter Taylor has just opened a new £300,000 clubhouse for Canvey Island, with a high % of the cost covered by grants from two named sources. See www.isthmian.co.uk/news. Worth exploring?

Some interesting thoughts and ideas from EU on how we might finance the cost of a new clubhouse. With this in mind, it is eye-opening to read on the Ryman League website that our old Enfield FC manager Peter Taylor has just opened a new £300,000 clubhouse for Canvey Island, with a high % of the cost covered by grants from two named sources. See www.isthmian.co.uk/news. Worth exploring?

Probably a brewery.

We don't need a pub bar we need a starlights type venue which can hold wedding receptions/concerts to banqueting. Purpose built with ovens, sound proof etc. It's big money though for us to build.

How about 7-8 supporters giving £50k interest free loan. Everyone should get their money back in 18 months to 2 years from completion

Don't the rugby club 100 yards away already offer that sort of venue? Just as there is also a pub very near.I think our best bet it to make sure the current clubhouse is a good as possible.Maybe try to find a way of expanding the length of the serving bar in order to make getting a drink at busy times far quicker.Maybe look at improving seating (with long bench type seating and fixed tables around the perimeter of the bar to increase capacity a bit?) More signs round the main stand to guide casual supporters to the bar.Maybe more advertising to encourage small parties/kids parties to hire the venue more.Just basically maximize the potential of the current bar.

We don't need a pub bar we need a starlights type venue which can hold wedding receptions/concerts to banqueting. Purpose built with ovens, sound proof etc. It's big money though for us to build.

How about 7-8 supporters giving £50k interest free loan. Everyone should get their money back in 18 months to 2 years from completion

It's not going to happen, is it? Doubt whether any supporter has £50000 in spare cash lying around.