Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Something verrrrry Fishy going on at Welwyn...

Karen Browne, on 27 Jan 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Quite frankly I'd be more worried if you lot stopped talking about WGC and their manager - something must be right to warrant this attention.

Keep it up

There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about (Oscar Wilde).

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to start off a valid, adult debate on this forum these days. I almost long for the old days of Rhodes, at least then it was only one aggressive idiot disrupting the forum.

I agree with Karen, always nice to have attention. Welwyn have put themselves on a platform to be talked about, an impressive promotion season, some silverware, openly talking about a budget and bringing in some big names. It hasn't quite worked out this year and I've been very curious  as to why. Another unconvincing result at the weekend to London Tigers, I'm still left wondering, what is going wrong this season? For me, I'd say Fish-dawg needs to take this season on the chin and learn from it, maybe come back next year with a more settled, consistent squad, not chuck money about and have a revolving door.

Thanks to the people that did engage in this discussion instead of commenting on people's brand of jacket *face palm*. 

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this topic and all the posts - I feel privileged!

To be honest positive and negative comments I take with a pinch of salt but also agree with a lot that has been said, a lot of truth in some of it and bit wide of the mark in others. People have wanted and been desperate for me to fail from the 1st day I started at WGC and I'm talking about local people approaching me saying the club is dead, the club will fail, the club has no heart about it and its a lost cause! I would like to think I have proved all those doubters wrong!

I am very much about improving the club each year, we probably over achieved last year so this year was always going to be tough and was always a 3 year plan to TRY and get promoted again - a lot of very good clubs have been in this league an awful long time but am I disappointined we are not in a title race or won anymore silverware of course. 

I have made  loads of mistakes this re players this year and its been a great learning curve, we were in a dire run of form and couldn't buy a win or a clean sheet it was addressed with the right players coming in with the right attitude to support the loyal lads and we have only lost 1 in our last 8 and won 5 of those ( ok maybe to late ) as a learning curve this has been almost more of an achievement then winning a cup!

We are 17 points off the highest total the club has got in this league EVER and with 27 points to play for its a realistic target - for me considering how tough it has been this year would be a successful season as would also mean we have gained more points then last year. I respect this league hugely and if we get more points then we did last year but finish 2-3 places lower then all credit to those other teams around us. Its a tough league with some very good sides in

Just to add -  this and other forums are for conversation on peoples opinions which everyone should respect equally 

Enjoy the rest of the season