Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chalky Lane

Darren Woods

Just to keep everyone in the loop......

Last Friday evening our club got broken into, one of the main windows in the clubhouse was smashed and our fruit machine inside was emptied of all its money.

The police were called Saturday morning as we had the thief on CCTV, they done their bit and took the CCTV footage, forensic team checked for finger prints etc.

The next evening (last Saturday) the club was broken into again by the same thief, this time he had an accomplice. The snack bar/tea hut, clubhouse, bar and boardroom were all broken into. Luckily the only thing taken was soft drinks and chocolate. The whole place had been turned upside down though, possibly just searching for money.

Again the police were called and once again they done their bit with the forensics team etc.

Nothing followed last week.

Saturday (yesterday) morning when we arrived at club in the am we found that 2 of our outside taps that are positioned around the main pitch had been turned on over night, the result was a half the pitch covered in water with a stream running down the linesman run and into the home dugout.

CCTV has been checked and unfortunately we can not see the taps from the position of the cameras.

A pitch inspection was called for the Epsom Athletic v Farleigh Rovers game at 10am, by this time the majority of surface water had gone, the pitch was obviously very soft and you could hear the water squelch under foot. Myself, Chairman and Groundsman all agreed that you could play on it BUT I would cut up completely.

With 5 hours of sun before kick off the referee said he couldn't call the game off and would leave it to the match referee.

I found out yesterday after our game against Bagshot that the Epsom v Farleigh game had been abandoned at half time due to an unsafe playing surface.

We have inspected the pitch this morning and it is going to cost us a huge amount of money and time putting it right, but, in my opinion it's still more than playable, infact it was worse when we played Sheerwater 2 weeks ago.

Not good Darren..hope they catch the w****rs that cause all the damage & they get what they deserve not just a slap on the wrist

Hoping also you can sort the pitch out as i know how your feeling & its not an overnight job when especially how well it was looking & playing this season by the excellent work the groundsman has done

Archived