Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Metropolitan Police FC v Enfield Town

littlehampton

After Saturdays reverse at Donkey Lane, Town will be looking to get back to winning ways tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, when we travel to Imber Court to face Met Police in the Ryman Premier Division. KO: 7.45pm.

The Blues are currently 19th in the table and have a mixed home record this season, winning 6, drawing 5, and losing 5 of their 16 matches at Imber Court. Teams who have won there to date, are Staines, Havant & Waterlooville, Hendon, Worthing, and Bognor. So far they are unbeaten at home in January 2017.

Town will need to be at their best to win this match. We can expect another tough encounter on a ground where we have not registered a victory over the past four seasons.

Tomorrow provides the perfect opportunity to put that right. We need to show we are serious contenders for the play-offs, by putting in a determined, energetic, high quality match-winning team performance, to secure three points.

Good luck everyone.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Not only tomorrows game but those against Wingate and Tonbridge. In fact we cannot afford to lose or draw many of our last 16 games if we want be in the play-offs.

As I said on an earlier Focus, Brad and his team are now coming up to a very testing

time.

Let's all sincerely hope they are up to it. Unfortunately I will be unable to be

around for these important weeks but rest assured I will be watching anxiously for

the results and peoples comments.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Anyone planning on travelling by train tonight, it's going to be tricky: no trains on the Hampton court line (which covers Thames Ditton), expected to last until the end of the day.

Edit: and it looks like there's no service on the Kingston line either.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/156890.aspx

Edited by Tom S

As I said earlier the team are now entering a testing time. It is now up to them to show whether they have

the ability to bounce back.

To achieve they will have to put everything into the next few weeks or another season will see us again the bridesmaid.  This period will also see if Brad and his coaches can motivate them into achieving the

effort required. Perhaps he could play his sweeper role once more so that he can see from on the pitch

where it has suddenly gone wrong.

Finally AndyEtfc I only wish we had won 15 out of 17, as stated by you in an earlier post, especially as we have only

won 12 out of 31. But like on the pitch anyone can make mistakes.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

As I said earlier the team are now entering a testing time. It is now up to them to show whether they have

the ability to bounce back.

To achieve they will have to put everything into the next few weeks or another season will see us again the bridesmaid.  This period will also see if Brad and his coaches can motivate them into achieving the

effort required. Perhaps he could play his sweeper role once more so that he can see from on the pitch

where it has suddenly gone wrong.

Finally AndyEtfc I only wish we had won 15 out of 17, as stated by you in an earlier post, especially as we have only

won 12 out of 31. But like on the pitch anyone can make mistakes.

Just going with what EU said in terms of wins/losses. I don't spend too much time on statistics.

Disjointed, flat, shoddy defending, terrible, just some of the words used to describe Towns hugely disappointing team performance last night, on the Twitter updates posted on the club official website.

No team goes out expecting to lose a match, but two defeats in 72hrs against sides in the bottom half of the table, gives serious cause for concern about our prospects for the rest of the season, and leaves many supporters questioning where and why things are suddenly going so badly wrong and, more importantly, what is being done to reverse the downturn.

These results have seriously dented our play-off hopes. With just 15 matches left to play, a quick glance at the league table shows how difficult it is going to be to clinch a place in the top five, unless we go on another unbeaten run, and win the majority of our remaining matches. A tall order? What do you think?