Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HONOURS

What a farce the entire egg-chasing squad getting medals in the new year honours list for winning ONE trophy that only had a few sides capable of winning it.In 1981 Michael Lee,in 1992 Gary Havelock and then in 2001 Mark Loram all won the individual World speedway title,with Loram being in the grand prix format,but not one of them has received an honour.This country overlooks any motorcycle champions.

Couldn't agree more about Bobby. An icon and an example to the rest of the football world. (And that from a Chelsea fan !)

I'm afraid the sporting honours only seem to go to the sportsmen who keep making the papers and the tele. How come George Best didn't get one this year for his services to alcohol sales and public relations ?

Quote:
Big J R said:
How come George Best didn't get one this year for his services to alcohol sales and public relations ?

He was offered a knighthood, but apparently they soon realised that when the Queen asked him to kneel, he wasn't going to get back up again.

I see Big Tone has said that the New Years Honours List, (how they are awarded etc), is to be overhauled as from next year !

Bang goes any chance of anybody who isn't a Tone Crone getting a fuc*ing thing, then !!

You lot can say what you like about G.B. I have to be a bit careful - He lives only 8 miles from me ! (Perhaps 'lives' is not quite the right word !)