Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

fleet v ashford

I don't go to many away games but I went to this one, and I wish I had stayed at home, what a absolute miserable display by Ashford. First I must say well done to Fleet for taking full advantage of Ashford's rotten display,Fleet took hold of this game from the very start and pressed hard and never let up for the 90 minutes, and they altermately won 3-0.

As for Ashford, what can I say about such an embarrassingly poor display, well I will try, 16 minutes gone and yet again a simple pass cuts through Ashford's defence and Fleet's attacker is in on goal then he get's wiped out by Tyler, of coarse it's a penalty and how could the defence stand there and argue it's not, (you Tyler were so lucky not to get sent off) 1-0 to Fleet.

20th minute a corner to Fleet, over comes the ball, up jumps a Fleet player unchallenged and it's now 2-0 to Fleet, and once again the defenders all blaming each other.

25th minute a Fleet defender lunges in studs up and flattens Max Webb, the defender gets sent off and Fleet are now down to 10 men, but it made no difference to Ashford's appalling game, in fact

I had to count Fleet's players just to make sure they were down to 10 men, half time could not come quick enough for me, I was hoping the 2nd half would be better, but it was not to be, in fact it got worse, no leadership or encouragement from the dugout Ben Murray just standing there hands in his pockets looking miserable as sin, devoid of any ideas as what to do about this mess, except to shout and blame the referee, (Ben the ref is not the cause of Ashford's problem's), no leadership or encouragement from the team's captain in fact Russ was subbed,even the subs coming on made no difference to Ashford's game, and to cap it all Fleet got a third goal( who are down to 10 men), full time could not come quick enough and put Ashford out of their misery.

I left Fleet's ground feeling angry that the team I love to support could play so bad and I hope Ashford can pull themselves out of this wretched period of form but it has gone on for a long time now, do we have the player's to do this I wonder?

On this occasion nobody can disagree with Smoking Gun's analysis of the match at Fleet. However there is no point in overdoing the criticism, the players need to put this behind them and roll up their sleeves for the next fixture against Dunstable.

Lets hope that we can put this down to a " bad day at the office".

Archived