Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Merstham

littlehampton

So last Saturday's team didn't turn up today. What a disappointment! Yes, we scored two, but they never gave up. Rarely have I seen two small players link up for one of them to rise up to his full height to head in an equaliser. Trickery, speed and a never say die attitude got them over the line. Just what happened between last Saturday and this?

Thoroughly disappointed today. We spent 90mins trying to pass the ball through the middle of a solid, organised defence. We had the firepower on the pitch and the bench to win that game today, but we got our tactics wrong. In fact, from what I've seen this season, the team are good enough to make the play-offs. But I don't think we will. I hope I'm proved wrong, but so far it looks like we'll underachieve.

Merstham played with width throughout and stretch us time and again. If we had matched up with them then they would not have been able to cope with us.

Karl Oliyide looks very very useful. I can see him playing higher up the pyramid.

I can fully understand everyone's disappointment today. Hours on I am still shaking my head in disbelief when I think about this result and the likely impact on our season..

Before today, we had only lost two home league matches, and Merstham had only achieved one away league win to date this season. They are fifth from bottom in the table, we are sixth from top. What I fail to understand is why we couldn't deliver today, with home advantage, after our outstanding away performance against Wingate & Finchley last weekend. I am sure other Towners, who were not at todays match, are asking themselves the same question.

We have a strong, talented squad of players, yet for some inexplicable reason, we have managed to lose three of our last four league matches against teams from the lower half of the table. Why?

With 13 tricky matches remaining, six at home and seven away, we really cannot afford any more slip-ups, if we still retain hopes of making the play-offs come the end of season. Now would be the perfect time to start another unbeaten run!

Thought the referee was excellent today... also thought we played some good football today and Carl was impressive again... surprised the weakness down the left side wasn't dealt with earlier as Samir was left exposed time and time again ...credit to Mersham who didn't settle for a draw and who's finishing was clinical....

ok ref missed at least one poss  two good penalty shouts   their 8 should have been off if not booked for his very late hacking down of scotty didn't keep up with play at all keeper asked to get back on his line twice   there 9 rolling around trying to get our player booked  ref never did anything so he got up as if nothing happened !!!!!!!!! or was I at a different game to the rest !!!!!!!

I can fully understand everyone's disappointment today. Hours on I am still shaking my head in disbelief when I think about this result and the likely impact on our season..

Before today, we had only lost two home league matches, and Merstham had only achieved one away league win to date this season. They are fifth from bottom in the table, we are sixth from top. What I fail to understand is why we couldn't deliver today, with home advantage, after our outstanding away performance against Wingate & Finchley last weekend. I am sure other Towners, who were not at todays match, are asking themselves the same question.

We have a strong, talented squad of players, yet for some inexplicable reason, we have managed to lose three of our last four league matches against teams from the lower half of the table. Why?

With 13 tricky matches remaining, six at home and seven away, we really cannot afford any more slip-ups, if we still retain hopes of making the play-offs come the end of season. Now would be the perfect time to start another unbeaten run!

Those of us who braved the winter conditions were asking the same question! Yes, we have a talented squad but so do other teams. Merstham turned us over yesterday because they played to their strengths. They organised themselves well and used pace to get up the field and cause us trouble. Some of their players appeared not to be as good as some of ours but they played better as a team.

Again good post Andy One day I will see a different game than you!

Last week Finchley attacked from the off. This week Merstham soaked up the pressure and defended midway in their half rather than as Finchley did on the half way line.

Merstham's back four did not stray out of their half and worked together. Finchley back three gave us space.

Town forwards, for all their skills, do not create space. Where is Jordan Lockie? Why us Tyler, currently our only wide player, kept on the bench?