Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

Great game I thought, excellent performances all round from our boys. Glad to see Wilko wasn't hurt too badly.

Inspired performance today by Moore, definately my man of the match.

Great atmosphere, good to see so many people down there. Some funny songs too (nice to hear some singing from the halfway line too!)

Oh what fun it is to see Margate lose again!!! Whooppeeee!

What a bunch of thugs they turned out to be today. Sodje, Keister and Oates might all have been sent off with another referee, and the rest of them were just making niggly fouls for 90 minutes.

Oh, and to the numbskulls singing for Wilkerson to die, don't expect us to have any sympathy when your club dies. Can't we eject these twats into the uncovered end... I object to sharing my terrace space with people who say nasty things about the Fleet!!!

matt davison had the nerve to suggest to kinnear that for 3 of the bookings, the players won the ball. kinnear, of course didt disagree.

would matt or mr kinnear care to explain which bookings shouldnt have been as i thought first three were all late tackles, next was foot in on wilko, then sodje bundled him into the net. only the last booking may have simply been a talking to?

Disagree. The ref was dire. I agree with Matt Davison saying 3 of the bookings were when players won the ball. Protheroe disgrace. Why did he go down holding his face right in front of the Margate fans when he was clearly not touched? A former Fleet fan - now a Margate fan - that I spoke to said that Gravesend were a disgrace and that the cheating, diving, playacting etc was a joke. As for Wilkerson he deserves all he gets. Notice how he got up as soon as Oates was booked after staying down for about 3 minutes - trying to get him sent off. Its those things like that that rub people up the wrong way and it needs to be stopped.

And of course the fact that every kick he took after that clearly hurt him was just an act as well wasn't it.

Do grow up, and don't take any notice of Melvin.

Keister should have walked for his late tackle Oates and Sodje's were clear fouls, Saunders was booked for dissent, so which three shouldn't have been bookings then.

BTW Protheroe had to go off injured at half-time, which rather suggests that he wasn't acting either.

Your team are a bunch of thugs and whilst ours are no Angels, I suggest that the referee got the balance of the bokings right today just as Mr Russell did on Saturday.

Have to agree, there was only one team intent on causing injuries and they werent playing in red. Terrible challenge on wilko in the goal. Was i the only one who saw two margate players bundle him into the goal and then repeatedly kick him! Awful, Disgrace.

Ps: Although Sodje is a great player, when you are playing kent league with Maidstone next year, you can keep him!

Special mention to Francis Duku, who, after the away games performance, came into his own today and worked hard with some great tackles and a goal for his trouble! Well played!

The referee may not have seen everything today or been to everyone's liking whether Fleet or 'git supporters. However, he should at least be given credit for trying to keep the game moving by playing the advantage. Granted, it doesn't always work but I would rather see a referee at least try it instead of whilsting every time a player gets within two yards of an opponent.

Your comments about Wilkerson and Protheroe don't even merit a response!!

Why shouldn't I take any notice of Melvin, David? He is a friend of mine and as we were discussing the game on the way home the thing that repeatedly cropped up was the playacting. I'm sure Protheroe didn't go off with a facial injury as that was what he was claiming he had surely if he went down holding his face! He certainly didn't look too hurt when he sent a big grin in the direction of the Margate fans shortly after he got up. Your players knew they could play the referee and it worked. But from a supporters point of view its disgraceful to watch.

Kent League next year. If it is then so be it. I can say that I will be at every game like I am now home or away.

Quote:
Porka said:
Your players knew they could play the referee and it worked. But from a supporters point of view its disgraceful to watch.

The words 'utter' & '[****!!****]' spring to mind.

Tell you what - add up all the cards from both games, bearing in mind there were two different refs involved.

Margate are without doubt the filthiest team I've seen this season.