Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthing v Enfield Town

littlehampton

After the terrible performance at Tonbridge the boys were fantastic at Worthing. .
Great energy in particular from Tyler (our best player, don't know why Brad ever drops him!), Micky and Ricky.
Kirby is a rock and rarely lets anyone past him - we play better with his massive presence on the pitch.
John Meluba looks a classy player. Billy Crook is Mr reliable and controls midfield with intelligence. Then of course Nathan in goal just gets on with it and has won us many points this season. I won't even mention Scott and his great goal - I'm too annoyed with another red card!
So its the "if only' scenario again for us this season....But loads to be positive about for the future. Come on Brad and the boys! Keep it together, get off to a good start for 17/18 and we'll be right up there.
It was good to hear so many Worthing fans saying what a good team we are. The fans are great too. Proud to be involved with ETFC. The real North London team.

Players and management will always come and go. The club will still be here though.

Well Said

I kind of agree with what your saying and yes for sure the club will always be there but manager goes players go in comes new manager in comes new players and the rebuilding starts,Where is the progression or are we happy to remain a midtable Ryman Prem Club.

I.M.O our club possibly has in Brad the next Danny Cowley and if we want to progress up the pyramid the board at our club must back the Manager.

I kind of agree with what your saying and yes for sure the club will always be there but manager goes players go in comes new manager in comes new players and the rebuilding starts,Where is the progression or are we happy to remain a midtable Ryman Prem Club.

I.M.O our club possibly has in Brad the next Danny Cowley and if we want to progress up the pyramid the board at our club must back the Manager.

Not sure where this is going, but I thought the board is backing Bradley, as they backed all our previous managers.

Very interesting dialogue!!! For myself I am quite relaxed about what goes on but if what Vauxhallman says is right, and I have no reason to doubt his sincerity in what he says, then that one word "unapproachable" rather throws a damper on the

"we are a supporters owned club" philosophy.

However, I believe that is what this forum is about, to be able to discuss openly our hopes and concerns about the club we have chosen to follow. That is why I have found the preceding discussion so interesting.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Yes you are correct you can discuss everything ETFC openly on this forum, but it's the bottom end of the scale for effectiveness.

The place to be open and effective is at a Members Meeting we have 2-3 times a season. I didn't come across anyone unapproachable at such meetings, everyone with a hand up was given the floor to speak out.

Lastly, no matter if at THFC or ETFC a PLC or supporters owned, there will always be some things which must remain confidential till they can be discussed, all in the clubs best interest.

Additionally we can always want want want but can sometimes be stretching what a club at our level can deliver, whence, any blank unapproachable look one could get.

Just my opinion but I think we are in a much better club than most.

Perhaps his not interested body language is because he did nothing to get interested about.

I think the Worthing player was tackled from behind and was mistaken as to who had carried out the tackle, there were three men around him, he chased after Scott and there may have been something earlier in the game with which he took exception. I dont know whether Scott deserved the red card and I dont think that there was anything in the video to cause the FA to over rule the ref.

Depends what reason the ref gave for sending him off?..I couldn't see anything he did that would warrant the ref giving him any sort of card.I played the video back a good few times and couldn't see any break of his stride or any intent to commit foul play..IF Scott did make contact with the player there was nothing in the video to show it was anything but unintentional..I personally feel that the Worthing players over-reaction has made the ref 'guess' that Scott must have deliberately stamped on him.Which he obviously didn't.

Edited by lovely stuff