Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chambers ready for Boro home debut

FF News

Nuneaton Borough pulled off something of a coup with the signing of Ashley Chambers on loan from League Two outfit, Grimsby Town, for the remainder of the season.

The 26 year-old, who has twice won promotion into The Football League, stands by to make his home debut at the weekend as we take on Bradford Park Avenue (kick-off 3.00pm).

“I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “It was not the best of starts to my time here with last weekend’s defeat at FC Halifax, but it’s been a tough run of games and I’ve arrived at the back-end of that.chambers nun

“Now we have a run of games against teams in and around us where we have to start picking up points and get moving up the table.

“Hopefully I can play my part in helping us achieve that objective.”

So what convinced the talented front-man to come to The Coombe Abbey Arena?

“Coming here ticked all the boxes,” he added. “I’ve been playing in The Football League for the past four or five years, but I have a young family and have been living away from them for much of that time, so coming here means I get to spend more time with them.

“Also, I have known the Gaffer for a long time and I was really impressed by what he had to say about his plans for the club.

“I’ve not played a lot recently and I want regular games and to be playing with a smile on my face again. By coming here I know that will happen.

“There is a lot of quality amongst the group; you don’t go on the kind of winning run that they did without having something about you. The club is also well-run and deserves to be at a higher level.

“I’ve never played in this League before but I am determined to help this club push-on and get back to where it belongs.

“I am looking forward to the challenge and also getting regular minutes under my belt because nothing beats being out there and playing in competitive games.

“If I am settled and enjoying my football everything else will start to shine through and hopefully my higher level experience can be a big factor between now and the end of the season.”

Chambers started his career at Leicester City where he came through the ranks to make his senior debut at the age of just 15 in 2005.

After loan spells at Wycombe Wanderers and Grimsby Town, he made the permanent switch to York City in 2010 having had a successful time on loan with The Minstermen.

Going on to help the club lift the FA Trophy and return to The Football League, where he finished their first season back in the League as top scorer with ten goals to his name.

His next port of call was Cambridge United, from where he was loaned out to Dagenham & Redbridge before returning to help The U’s get back into The Football League via the play-offs.

He returned to Dagenham & Redbridge on a permanent basis in the summer of 2014 and stayed at the club for two years before linking up with Grimsby Town at the start of the current campaign.

Source: www.nuneatontownfc.com

Source

Archived