Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hartley Improvements

TRS

It's ridiculous. One of the school governors states- 'promotion would mean an increase in supporters and parking needs, adding the school has ‘seriously considered’ locking the car park gates at the weekend.

“This would of course significantly increase the parking in Green Lane and impact on our neighbours, including the football club, which we are currently reluctant to do,” he added. “We would much prefer to find a solution that suits everyone.”'

Locking the gates will help. Since when do schools have classes at 19.45 on a Tuesday, or 15.00 on Saturday? Greed and awkwardness are two words that spring to mind.

Schools are broke and need all the money they can get.  Can we all honestly say that if an opportunity arose for "free" work or Cash came along for our clubs we wouldn't be trying it on ?

Hopefully it will all be sorted quickly and Hartley will take their deserved place at Step 4.

Would the club already have in place an agreement to use the council owned car park?

What happens if this drags on and the deadline for the ground grading work to be completed is looming? If they can't go up whats the knock on effect going to be for Div 1 promotion places?

Would the club already have in place an agreement to use the council owned car park?

What happens if this drags on and the deadline for the ground grading work to be completed is looming? If they can't go up whats the knock on effect going to be for Div 1 promotion places?

I don't see any issue with the DIv 1 promotion places.  The same number go up from Div 1 as down from the Prem.

The issue would only affect those getting relegated from the appropriate division above the CCL Prem.

Schools are broke and need all the money they can get.  Can we all honestly say that if an opportunity arose for "free" work or Cash came along for our clubs we wouldn't be trying it on ?

Hopefully it will all be sorted quickly and Hartley will take their deserved place at Step 4.

Don't have a problem with that if there is a genuine reason. I can't see one here.

School need more car parking space :)

Fair enough, but there is no clash here. The school operates at totally different times to the football club so it is purely trying to get Hartley Wintney FC to finance a solution to their own parking issue. If they had similar operating hours I would totally get it, but they do not. I think it is grossly unfair to Hartley Wintney FC, and the governor saying they have thought about locking the gates is just, in my opinion, spiteful. Good luck to HWFC in overcoming this.

Fair enough, but there is no clash here. The school operates at totally different times to the football club so it is purely trying to get Hartley Wintney FC to finance a solution to their own parking issue. If they had similar operating hours I would totally get it, but they do not. I think it is grossly unfair to Hartley Wintney FC, and the governor saying they have thought about locking the gates is just, in my opinion, spiteful. Good luck to HWFC in overcoming this.

Don't disagree with any of the above Bronco.  My point was our clubs would be doing the same if they thought there was cash involved for them.

From the F A ground grading requirements for step 4 football

1.6 Car Parking

There must be adequate car parking facilities at or adjacent to the ground. Car parking within the boundary of the ground may not be acceptable.

Not very helpful, no precise numbers quoted.

Hartley Wintney have often used the back pitch for parking when they have had a "big" game.  Hopefully they could do that again and the school can lock their gates if they really want to.  There are plenty of clubs in the system with far less parking available than Hartley Wintney.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived