Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 25th February

You are a very good team and deserve your current position in the league.

I've seen many teams this season but you guys are terrible and rarely give the ref a break.

The 4 times I've seen you play, each time I felt the ref was pressured into making decisions in your favour.

I lost count of the number of times your centre midfielder was spoken to.

saying that...... I believe the standard of reffing at this level is at an all time low and Ive witnessed 25 years of ssml football.

Saturday 25th February

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Biggleswade United v Welwyn Garden City

1-0 Cockfosters v Stotfold

2-3 Colney Heath v Berkhamsted

2-3 Edgware Town v London Colney

0-2 FC Broxbourne Borough v Holmer Green

1-1 Hadley v Leighton Town

0-4 Oxhey Jets v Hoddesdon Town

0-2 Tring Athletic v Sun Sports

4-3 Wembley v Leverstock Green

DIVISION ONE

0-5 Ampthill Town v Hillingdon Borough

3-1 Baldock Town v Southall

0-0 Biggleswade FC v Harefield United

1-2 Brimsdown v Langford

3-2 Broadfields United v Buckingham Athletic

2-0 Chesham United Reserves v Arlesey Town Reserves

2-0 Codicote v Bedford

4-0 Hadley Wood & Wingate v Hatfield Town

1-0 Winslow United v Wodson Park

DIVISION TWO CUP Semi Final

0-2 Thame Rangers v The 61FC (Luton)

DIVISION TWO

1-1 Amersham Town v Enfield Borough

2-1 Aston Clinton v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

2-2 Grendon Rangers v Tring Corinthians

0-3 Tring Town AFC v Mursley United

1-4 Unite MK FC v Totternhoe

ANAGRAM RECORDS TROPHY Quarter Finals

1-0 Loughton Manor v Manford Way

3-3 Old Bradwell United v British Airways (Sat) (British Airways (Sat) won 3-2 on penalties)

NATIONAL CHRISTIAN CUP Quarter-Final (Regional Knock-out)

4-1 Battle Baptist (Sussex) v Clean Slate

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

2-1 Hertford Town Development v Hadley Development

7-1 Hoddesdon Town Development v Winslow United Development

1-3 Holmer Green Development v Harpenden Town Development

2-0 Risborough Rangers Development v Colney Heath Development

0-0 St Margaretsbury Development v Buckingham Athletic Development

2-1 Welwyn Garden City Development v Stotfold Development

2-4 Wodson Park Development v Biggleswade United Development

You are a very good team and deserve your current position in the league.

I've seen many teams this season but you guys are terrible and rarely give the ref a break.

The 4 times I've seen you play, each time I felt the ref was pressured into making decisions in your favour.

I lost count of the number of times your centre midfielder was spoken to.

saying that...... I believe the standard of reffing at this level is at an all time low and Ive witnessed 25 years of ssml football.

Dailydose - I take your point and the standard of officiating does contribute to the frustration experienced by a number of players in the league - not just ours.  I will agree to disagree with you on our treatment of officials - if we were that bad wouldn't we be near the bottom of the respect table?  As I said above, we are no angels by any means and seeing our players get booked for dissent winds me up, but there are some worse than us.

Dailydose - I take your point and the standard of officiating does contribute to the frustration experienced by a number of players in the league - not just ours. I will agree to disagree with you on our treatment of officials - if we were that bad wouldn't we be near the bottom of the respect table? As I said above, we are no angels by any means and seeing our players get booked for dissent winds me up, but there are some worse than us.

?

Refs decisions will always be questioned but managers effing and blinding and calling them barefaced cheats is not the way to go. Maybe some managers should look at their own tactics and team performances before blaming refs.

Referees have all the powers they need to sanction any managers.  Up to the end of December, there were 34 'Bench Incidents' recorded in the Respect Tables.  Whilst this is obviously 34 too many, from a total of 700 games, this equates to an incident in 5% of the games played.  So, either the other 95% of games are relatively OK .... or some referees are not using the sanctions appropriately ....

Ha ha Jonno, Orange bibs last season, pink bibs this season. The question is what colour will they be next season? Waste of time and money.

Either zero tolerance or nothing.

At least then people know where they stand.

To be honest, I don't really see it as a problem. If you go to any premier league game, you'll hear swearing for the full 90 minutes.

It just seems worse at our level when there's one bloke on his own, not being drowned out by many thousands of others.

And let's not pretend kids never hear naughty words anywhere else in life.

Football is football. And it's worked well enough over the years without constant "initiatives".

I guess some people just like to keep busy to justify a wage.

Agreed with zero tolerance but I see children from 5 upwards at grounds, if someone called a ref the c word would you stand by and say nothing. I certainly wouldn't.

It's more to do with the players and management laying off the officials. These players/managers should lead by example!

If refs were to apply the law and send players off when they have sworn at them, there wouldn't be a problem. Give it a month of consistency from refs on the issue and you'd stamp it out completely. Unfortunately, most refs are scared to issue a red, in fact week in week out, players swear at refs and they don't even give them a talking to. The issue lies with the officials not enforcing the laws of the game and until they do, the problem won't go away.

If refs were to apply the law and send players off when they have sworn at them, there wouldn't be a problem. Give it a month of consistency from refs on the issue and you'd stamp it out completely. Unfortunately, most refs are scared to issue a red, in fact week in week out, players swear at refs and they don't even give them a talking to. The issue lies with the officials not enforcing the laws of the game and until they do, the problem won't go away.

Agreed!

Refs 'respect yourself' bibs should be issued ?