Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lowestoft Town v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Interesting way of trying to shut down debate and conversion. A forum where people are not welcome to their say. Especially if your a 'new guy'

I don't have a problem with brad but i can't talk for anyone else. I just think he could of done better this season. It doesn't mean there has to be an hidden agenda. Other people will think his done a great job. That's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just like to know how people form their opinions. Nothing wrong with that ? Or is there ?

PPotential everyone is entitled to express their own opinion on this forum, and no one is deliberately trying to shut down this debate.

At the start of this season, our main ambition was to win promotion to Vanarama League South, either by winning the Ryman Premier, or via the play-offs. With 10 matches left to play, sadly that now looks beyond us.

It was also hoped that we would do well in the FA Cup and FA Trophy, to make some much needed extra income. That didn't happen, and we went out of both competitions early, against sides we were expected to beat, and we also missed out in other cup competitions, so no silverware to show for our efforts this season.

Very disappointing for us all, but we live to fight another day. Our club has come a long way, in a relatively short period of time. We are in a tough league, where a number of our opponents have larger attendances, and budgets, which dwarf our own.

Money doesn't always guarantee success, but it helps. If we aspire to promotion, we need to be prepared, both on and off the pitch, and yes, stability is definitely the key.

I'm sure we will get an idea of what money can bring on Tues night when the big time Charlie's come to the QE2 with there 9k+ weekly budget.

But money cant buy team spirit and that and the massive home support will see us over the line Tuesday.

Make sure your

there to cheer Brad and the boys on.

Oh and you guys behind the goal make sure you give Edwards a very warm Towner welcome.?

I take it I am one of the newbies lovely stuff was referring to... I have no connection to any player or staff member ...unlike some on here... my opinions are based purely on expectations and results... if there is anybody on this forum who is happy or even satisfied with this seasons league or cup results their expectations pre season must have been a hell of a lot lower than mine.... maybe they could share what they expected with us....

Here I go, fantastic to read the passion in the thoughts amongst every all those posting. It shows the care and support strongly exists.

We all wanted more and we all expected more, some realistic some a bit dreamy.

We are still a developing club who are punching their weight comfortably at RPL level.

It's about making that next step and top of the list is improving our income streams within our supporters owned model.

The minimum we can all do is all of us being members/monthly season ticket contributors via the Tifosy scheme, the maximum is to be active sponsors seeking foot men, trying to raise more solid revenue.Otherwise we have an average Gate of 375ish which allows us a 7-8 placed finish, which we are achieving.

The only real disappointment this season has been the cup competitions and it's an area which can propel us into the limelight if an advanced involvement were to be achieved.

Keep the faith because one season will evolve to be our season for promotion and it will be memorable.

Additionally we have some terrific club initiatives coming up. Women go free this Saturday, ETFC V ETFC India in mid march, children go free at a future game, Beveren visiting, Jimmy Bullard managing a team against us in an upcoming game. It's secondary to a Play Off challenge nonetheless they are proud occasions to be supporting our club in the final weeks.

Good post EU.

However, those of us of a mature age!!!! are not the long term future of the club. Shame, but that's life!

How about each and every one of us submit an income generating idea to the board for it to consider? Not just the idea, but how it should work. Twenty ideas should start the ball rolling. Yes, there may be an initial outlay, but it's worth considering.

So, and I have said it before and I will say it again. All children under secondary school age attending a game with a full fee paying adult gains free admittance. ETFC is not a crèche and it will be up to the parent to supervise their child. Initial expenditure? Work with the Council who could advertise the scheme across the borough for us. Once the children come in, we then need things for them to do. Another idea please.