Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spartans boss Armstrong happy with Corby win

FF News

With Blyth Spartans being installed as the champions-elect by many fans around the Evo-Stik Premier League, every game takes on added significance – as they get closer to securing top spot and promotion to the Vanarama National League North.

However manager Alun Armstrong described the challenge of a resurgent Corby Town side as one of the most important games of the season for him so far.

Armstrong said: “It was a huge game for us and I made sure the lads knew that in the dressing room beforehand. It was the biggest game of the season for me so far.

“They were on form, we were on form and we had to make sure we got the three points. The lads take on board what we’re saying to them at the moment and we can’t ask anything more of them.

“I even said to them that this game was more important that the game before it, the game before that, the game before that and so on. We go into Tuesday and that’s a massive game as well, but every game is massive until we get where we want to be.”

Asked if he would take a draw against Spennymoor Town ahead of Tuesday’s showdown, Armstrong responded: “No, not with the way we’re playing right now.

“You’ve seen how I like to play football and that good attacking play. I’ll not be setting up any differently for the game at Spennymoor.

“I’ll go and attack them and see what they’ve got.

“People expect Spennymoor to be up there. They’ve got a big enough squad and they’ve got a massive budget, so they really should be up there.

“I’m not really concerned about any other side though. I’m more concerned about our lads and what they do on a game-by-game basis.”

Article: Glen Maxwell (@GlenMaxwell)

Source

Archived