Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Billericay Town

littlehampton

Says volumes, " we had enough chances to have won two games". Where have I heard that before?

Basically what I understand, from Seaside T observations,  is that we were outplayed until they lost a defender. We then played nearly 70 minutes against 10 men and still came up short. 

Still a reluctance to change the system. Continually playing up to HO, with his back to goal is not the answer. I do hope the penny drops and we come up with some thing else by next season. Obviously

BQ has lost faith in Wynter's ability, otherwise he would have brought him on to add width and pace to the attack against a depleted side.

We played with a lot of width tonight. John Muleba sat on the right touch line for all of the game and a lot of the ball found him. What disappointed me tonight was that we didn't start the game with Tyler on the other wing doing the same thing. Samir Bihmoutine seems to be a shadow of his former self and seems to have lost belief in his attacking prowess. He should have been swapped for Tyler as soon as they went down to Ten. You can't have a go at any of them tonight, they threw the kitchen sink at them and but for a bit of luck, would have won that comfortably. Edit to add that Dernell did come on for the last 7-10 mins for Harry.

Edited by SeasideTowner

A very enjoyable game spoilt for me by the disgusting abuse aimed at the Billericay keeper... for the first time in my life I was embarrassed to be a town fan... this is a family club for gods sake and if I bought my kids for the first time last night they would not go back .... i know there is no love lost but the boundary of banter and vile abuse was well crossed and I hope any kids there that heard it doesn't think this is acceptable....

I thought we played the ball very quickly and on the floor last night and put them under immense pressure for 70 mins.

Billericay deserve credit for the way they defended and for the fact that at last have a team that want to play football and not thugs.Still not sure about there manager though,he was reasonably subdued last night and the players dont seem to be listening to him,probably because they are bigger and better than him.

But the Town were right on it last night well done brad and the boys.

Theodopolus

I agree with you on this one mate.

I know the keeper was upset with the abuse and so was his young family.!!!

Banter is good vile personal abuse definitely has no place at our club.

I actually stood at the opposite end last night and the riccy fans were having banter with Nathan but not once did it become vile or personal

Top night out and home in Kent by 10.30!!!

Agree with the above two posts: Glad to see the appreciation shown of their 'keeper's fine saves after all the dog's abuse he received all evening; some of the things aimed at him were just plain embarrassing and probably prosecutable? Far better use of energy supporting ETFC instead of abusing easy targets I would have thought?

As for MoTM? Thought Billy Crook played out of his skin!

Edited by WXEn8

By all accounts a gripping match and an excellent overall performance by our players, against a strong Billericay side who probably came expecting more than one point from this match. To come back from two goals down in the first 20 minutes, was a very good achievement, even if it was against ten men. So well done Brad, the boys, and all you Towners. In the end a 2-2 draw the same as last season. We can now look ahead with anticipation to the Havant match on Saturday. I am really looking forward to getting up for that one!

No this is an england c keeper signed two weeks ago from Bromley and a thoroughly nice guy.

Guys please correct me if he wasnt a england keeper.

Northern Irish U21

From a Ricay point of view. I thought we were totally in control until the sending off after that it was a backs to the wall hard won point in an enthralling game in which we did well to hang in there but should have won in the last minute.

Lovely stuff I think it's pretty poor suggesting our keeper got accused of spitting at one of your fans since he has only just joined and trying to condone the despicable and vile abuse that he and other members of our side received. It doesn't do a great club with a rich history any favours at all. Also for your information the spitting allegation proved to be false anyway.

Our recent run has seen us scoring freely and winning comfortably which I think may have been the case last night had we not gone down to ten men after only twenty minutes. With only one defeat in the last ten they might be listening to our manager a tad.

Luther.

As an enfield supporter i was very impressed with the way your boys played there football last night, but once again your club and fans were let down by the vile despicable language coming from your Managers mouth.To call the ref the c word as he was walking towards the tunnell where there were young children standing with thwre parents is totally unacceptable.

This is not tit for tat its fact.

Lovely stuff I think it's pretty poor suggesting our keeper got accused of spitting at one of your fans since he has only just joined and trying to condone the despicable and vile abuse that he and other members of our side received. It doesn't do a great club with a rich history any favours at all. Also for your information the spitting allegation proved to be false anyway.

Not sure how many things you can get wrong in a couple of sentences?? But will pull you up on a few if i may.

1.I did not suggest the Billericay keeper last night was the one accused of spitting.Was asking a genuine question.

2.I did not try to condone any abuse.

3.Accusing someone of reporting a 'false' allegation to the police is quite serious..Lets stick to the facts.An allegation of spitting was made against a Billericay player during a game against Enfield Town.The CPS did not feel there was enough evidence to gain a successful conviction.Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.Be that the accused or the individual making the allegation.

Edited by lovely stuff

Was not at the game so cannot comment of the play. However, at the AGM, the matter of foul and abusive language was raised, discussed, and even a perpetrator had his name mentioned. If the matter was as bad as reported, then why did the club not take action? No one can condone this, and as I said at the meeting, 'would so called supporters throw the abuse if there was no fence between themselves and the players?' Probably not.

Whoever you are, you are dragging the club down.

As I alluded to in my earlier post, a word in the ear at the time, would probably solve the problem. We all get overexcited at football and have said things in the heat of the moment.

Several people, myself included, shouted various things, including the suggestion that we support the team, not abuse the opposition.

In which candy flossed idyll do you live that you can have, "a word in the ear at the time" to an "over excited" foul mouthed 'fan'?

One with free dental care obviously!!!

With respect, get real or lead the way.

Edited by WXEn8

We have one set of turnstiles and everyone entering the ground will be able to see an official club sign instructing them that foul and abusive language will not be tolerated. No point in having the sign if the club does not take any action against those who hurl abuse.

I think that everybody knows everybody at Enfield so I hardly think that your exaggerated ' smack in the mouth ' scenario would happen. Just for a bit of balance here, I and many around me, heard the opposing goalkeeper scream at the linesman ' you f*****g c**t towards the end of the game ! Does the same outrage apply ?

I have been reading with some dismay the postings about foul abusive language at last nights match. If correct, this is totally unacceptable, and should seriously concern everyone at the club. The declared attendance was only 278, we are trying to attract more local people to support our club, and this Saturday we host Havant & Waterlooville, and the much publicised, highly commendable, "Women at the Game" initiative.

This problem needs to be nipped in the bud very quickly, or it will drag our club down.