Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Billericay Town

littlehampton

What makes me 'laugh', is that one off the worst offenders (and self appointed lead singer) later dons a high viz steward's vest to see us all safely out! What's that all about?

You miss my point Andy. I've challenged fellow supporters at games before ( not Enfield I hasten to add ) about racist abuse given to players. On the two occasions that this happened I was given an apology and the behaviour stopped immediately.

Very easy for some people to think it's ok to shout abuse and then say sorry. Does saying sorry make it better? No.

Your argument is suggesting that I'm vindicating these people when I'm not. All I have suggested is that if you are offended at what somebody shouts or sings at a game, then say something or go and stand somewhere else in the stadium so that you don't have to listen to it. Moaning on a forum doesn't fix anything.

WXEn8, are you a recent convert to Enfield Town, genuine question ? 

Genuine answer; please see 'The Return Of The (almost) Native' article in the recent Merstham programme.

Recently returned? Yes. "Convert"? No. 

Why?

Totally agree with Littlehamptons last posting.

Andy's repetitive 'the club should do this and that' , all I'd say is the club does loads in the constraints of us volunteers, on Tuesday DF led an exercise stopping all supporters getting near the players tunnel and walked them around to the Ignatians end exit. And guess what ? People moaned about it.

I agree we are all Enfield fans and supporters but I just do not understand how verbally foul mouthing the opposition and their coaching team helps the likes of Samir, Percy, Harry or anyone else of our boys, especially as we should have been admiring how we were making canon fodder of their claims as #Bigguns.

Havant will bring a good few this Saturday and hopefully we will have loads of ladies supporting our 'women in the game' initiative, I reckon the last thing they want to be part of is unsociable behaviour, or maybe I'm old fashioned

WXEn8, are you a recent convert to Enfield Town, genuine question ?

Hoping for a genuine reply/conversation?

Not looking for an argument, I assume that you don't know the guy that you mentioned in your earlier post. For all his 'faults', not only is he a season ticket holder but he also sponsors 3 - 4 games a season out of his own pocket as well as volunteering to steward when called upon. Again, I didn't hear too much abuse on Tuesday night as I was concentrating on an enthralling match but as I also said, one man's banter can be seen by another man as abuse.

Not looking for an argument, I assume that you don't know the guy that you mentioned in your earlier post. For all his 'faults', not only is he a season ticket holder but he also sponsors 3 - 4 games a season out of his own pocket as well as volunteering to steward when called upon. Again, I didn't hear too much abuse on Tuesday night as I was concentrating on an enthralling match but as I also said, one man's banter can be seen by another man as abuse.

Neither am I, and respect to the bloke for his commitment, but some/most of the songs seem to contain unnecessary language which is unacceptable. Just hope that people will refuse to join in? That's the way to go, if people refuse to join in over the top chants/songs, they'll fade away surely? One man's profanities are everyone's embarrassment?

I have being reading this thread with some dismay.!Some pointed ribbing and ironic chanting can be really funny but I have to say some of the things I hear at home games from a small minority of people at our club is embarrassing.

The ball boy, some of our fans behind the goal and some of the away fans at every match are way beyond acceptable in their abuse of players and the ref. Unfortunately football at every level has always attracted some sad individuals and in a small club like Enfield it is up to the rest of us to address this I am afraid particularly when people we know are abusive, racist and say disgusting things about refs and players.

Now back to the football I hope.