Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE SSML PREMIER DIVISION TITLE RACE RUN IN

LONDON COLNEY

Sat 11 March – Leighton Town (Home)

Sat 18 March – Leverstock Green (Home)

Sat 25 March – London Tigers (Home)

Sat 1 April – Biggleswade United (Away)

Sat 8 April – Hertford Town (Home)

Sat 15 April – Colney Heath (Away)

Sat 22 April – Wembley (Home)

Tue 25 April – Sun Sports (Away)

Sat 29 April – Cockfosters (Away)

HERTFORD TOWN

Sat 11 March – Cockfosters (Away)

Tue 14 March – Sun Sports (Home) (Subject to League Challenge Trophy)

Sat 18 March – St Margaretsbury (Away)

Sat 25 March – Holmer Green (Home)

Tue 4 April – Hadley (Home)

Sat 8 April – London Colney (Away)

Tue 11 April – Tring Athletic (Home)

Sat 15 April – Welwyn Garden City (Home)

Tue 18 April – FC Broxbourne Borough (Away)

Sat 29 April – Berkhamsted (Away)

COCKFOSTERS

Sat 11 March – Hertford Town (Home)

Tue 21 March – Sun Sports (Home)

Sat 25 March – Berkhamsted (Away)

Sat 1 April – St Margaretsbury (Home)

Sat 8 April – Holmer Green (Away)

Sat 15 April – Hadley (Away)

Tue 18 April – Edgware Town (Home)

Sat 22 April – FC Broxbourne Borough (Away)

Sat 29 April – London Colney (Home)

London Colney will win at least 5 games getting 15 points making a minimum of 98 points

Hertford will win at least 6 games getting 18 points making a minimum of  93 points

Cockfosters will win at least  6 games getting 18 points making a minimum of 90 points

11th Mar Cockfosters vs Hertford

8th Apr London Colney vs Hertford

29th Apr Cockfosters vs London Colney

These three games are very important

Going to be tight.

Hertford need to get 22+ points from the 10 games to stand a chance, and three of them need to come against Colney.

Cockfosters will need 9 wins from 9, which will be such a tough ask

Colney have a tough run in, but the week between league games could prove to be a major factor. Hertford are Sat/Tues for pretty much the rest of the season.

Big Saturday coming up. Can London Colney go 11 points clear?

Also can they go up? Still very quiet regarding the ground grading. Only 3 weeks to go.

Any news from anyone??

I heard LC did indeed meet the ground grading criteria but unconfirmed as yet . . . 

I had heard that London Colney's ground had ticked all of the boxes this year. So we've got a good fair fight on our hands.

Based on league position, it looks like Hertford have the tougher run in. But we're getting to the stage of the season where you're better off playing a team comfortably 4th than a team fighting to avoid relegation.

I would love to see a bit of last day drama for once. And I could well get it this season.

Can't see either team not dropping any more points.

I had heard that London Colney's ground had ticked all of the boxes this year. So we've got a good fair fight on our hands.

Based on league position, it looks like Hertford have the tougher run in. But we're getting to the stage of the season where you're better off playing a team comfortably 4th than a team fighting to avoid relegation.

I would love to see a bit of last day drama for once. And I could well get it this season.

Can't see either team not dropping any more points.

Recent seasons seem to indicate otherwise. I can't quite recall but wasn't the title close this time last season and AFC Dunstable ended winning by over 10 points. History seems to indicate someone will win it comfortably. You have to go back to 11/12 for the difference to 2nd to be lower than 10 points.

That being said, the league seems fairly evenly matched with most sides in the top 10 or so able to beat each other. I've no allegiance, but after finishing 2nd the last 2 seasons it would be good if LC finally did it.

Cockfosters have been great but too much to do now, but good to see then doing so well after the issues they had a couple of seasons ago.

Up to 1st April last season, it still looked like 1 or 2 points would separate the top 3 with only a handful of games left for all 3. Never in a million years would have thought we would win it by 13 points.

Comparing this season, London Colney are miles ahead compared to last season. Today is massive.

• 2 weeks later...

Top three in the Premier Division have 7 games to play.

London Colney need 4 wins and a draw to win the league if Hertford win all of their games.

post-9010-0-29661200-1490433720_thumb.jpeg

post-9010-0-26236900-1490433740_thumb.jpeg

Although not mathematically impossible . . . the title is basically Colney's now and they're worthy champions given their consistency throughout a long season.

I've been hugely impressed by Gavin Kelsey & his staff this year and I for one hope he sticks around for another title tilt next year.

Their professionalism in training and willingness to get behind what Hertford are trying to achieve as a family & community club are to be applauded.

However this goes . . . still proud.

Well said. What you have done at Hertford this season is brilliant and he would be a fool not to give it another shot. Also an unbelievable attendance again today.

Do you think Gavin needs a fresh input of new players. It's this time last season is when they faded away with mainly the same group at Hoddesdon.

I think you have to give credit to both sides that stopped them, namely AFC Dunstable and London Colney. Two very consistent title challenges and difficult for any team to stop. Hertfords squad is very, very good.

I think you have to give credit to both sides that stopped them, namely AFC Dunstable and London Colney. Two very consistent title challenges and difficult for any team to stop. Hertfords squad is very, very good.

Maybe just a few tweeks here and there.

Personally I think Hertford are a fair bit short of promotion at the moment. No argument about support but their players haven't been good enough dropping points against sides against weaker teams such as Stotfold who have no budget yet thrashed them 4-1 and were unfortunate to lose 1-0 at Roker.

Clearly they have a good base to build upon and a solid budget and will be thereabouts again. However I am not sure whether Gavin can take them to the next level but I agree he deserves the chance to do so. 

Personally I think Hertford are a fair bit short of promotion at the moment. No argument about support but their players haven't been good enough dropping points against sides against weaker teams such as Stotfold who have no budget yet thrashed them 4-1 and were unfortunate to lose 1-0 at Roker.

Clearly they have a good base to build upon and a solid budget and will be thereabouts again. However I am not sure whether Gavin can take them to the next level but I agree he deserves the chance to do so.

????? ?