Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Help please Dr Z Bungle

I think I need your help.<p>Steve from NLOTN posted several times on these forums, the same message, plugging his new site.<p>I then got complaints, and a couple of people also posted complaints on the forums.<p>I then deleted some of them, as I felt the posts were in breach of the terms of the site. I am also keeping an eye on ScoreCheck, as I do not want their posts becoming annoying either.<p>Now I am feeling guilty - was I too hard on him?<p>Should I be promoting other sites, or allowing other webmasters to have free adverts - after all we were banned from advertising our site on NLOTN.<p>Please help me - do I need to check in, like Ian & Merv have done?<p>Adin

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by admin:

<strong>I think I need your help.

</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Dear Mr Admin,<p>Yes, I think you do need my help. The trouble is that Merv booked in this afternoon and, boy, do I have my work cut out?

I think it is fair for you to allow the odd advert for another website if that ad is serving to inform the rest of us that another site exists and might be of interest. Where I take issue is when people start to litter this site with adverts, usually to feather their own nests.<p>Merv CIFC

I, like Dave GNFC, have my site (or to be precise one of my football sites) as a part of my signature. If that were a problem, you wouldn't offer it as an option, Admin.<p>Basically, I agree with Merv CIFC, though. If there is too much advertising of this sort, it becomes irritating. A link as part of the text of a message is not irritating. It's just the information that if the reader is interested, he or she can find out some more.

I agree - let's keep it to signatures, rather than full blown adverts.<p>I was one of the people that did complain about Steves postings - the main reason was that I looked under 'Today's Active Topics' and saw about a dozen posts all with the same message - this annoyed me.<p>If I had seen one, I wouldn't have minded.<p>I don't think Admin is complaining about signatures, for as you say Colin, he wouldn't have give that facility if he didn't want it.<p>I guess it was the same when I used to post results from the various leagues - it can become annoying for those that are not interested.<p>Wealdstone Fan