Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leatherhead on Saturday

WXEn8

So, looking ahead, apart from giving the Tanners a good hiding ( ;) ), what are we hoping to see this Saturday? Squad, positioning, tactics, areas of improvement? Wodjyafink?

Thanks guys, I love the cut and thrust of insightful local knowledge and opinion prior to a match!

I'll get me coat and see you tomorrow.

Now credit where credit is due.

Yesterday was what ETFC and real community smaller clubs are about.

Interaction with a local school, recognition for a travelling group of footballers from India, a cracking Donkey Lane atmosphere and thankfully a home win that keeps the Play Off flame flickering ever so slightly.

Plus all the usual hard work everyone does at every game on a voluntary basis, but very self gratifying when we do it as well as yesterday .

Stick together and we'll all be rewarded with successes

I was impressed with Leatherhead and they fully deserved their half time lead... I still can't see how Brad rates Darnell above Bobby or how he leaves Tyler on the bench but he must know best... Highlight of the day Carl's superb run and cross to set up the winner ... that really was high class... well done young man..... and also well done to the youngsters behind the goal for some good support.....

Rumour is Tyler is carrying a knock. Darnell is young so can improve Bobby has not shone this season and his form has definitely suffered. Ottway demonstrated yet again that he is missed when he is not on the team sheet. I think that the difference yesterday was when the Leatherhead number 3 was subbed. He impressed at their place and he impressed me yesterday. Carls cross came after the number 3 was subbed. Carl looks better on the wing.

Anybody any thoughts on the ref?

Some good performances yesterday - eventually! Persistence at least paid off and Karl certainly looked more dangerous when there was space in behind to run into. Tyler's finish was pure class.

As for the ref, I know it's becoming fashionable to pretend we're rugby supporters (who, incidentally, have criticised refs at every rugby match I've been to!) but his performance was woeful. Clearest sending off for their keeper you're ever likely to see. Think he was influenced by their No 5 who cleverly got back in there after the incident but 1) He wasn't there at the time 2) It only needs to be a goalscoring opportunity not an open goal and 3) If a defender is last man and brings somebody down they usually go despite the goalkeeper still being in there too. The ref defended well against Samir in particular too with his poor positioning!

I know we're needing a miracle but interesting to see Wingate, Tonbridge and Dulwich all drop points - we can only win our own games and see what happens.