Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leatherhead on Saturday

WXEn8

I think playing Karl and Dernell  instead of Harry and Booby is probably a nod to next season and trying to get a settled young front-two in place..Not sure Dernell is better than Harry or Bobby currently though.Saying that,he probably had his best 45 minutes in an Town shirt during the second half.

Regarding their left-back.Yes he was comfortable on the ball.And was good positionally and defensively,but he never crossed the halfway-line or over lapped in the entire game.Where as Ricky marauded into the last third on numerous occasions.

Edited by lovely stuff

I thought the substitution bringing Scott on for Billy after ten minutes was strange seeing as Nathan Livings was playing that role... I can't see those two ever starting together ... Hopefully Tyler is carrying a knock as I'd hate to think he was relegated to the bench due to anything else.... as for the ref... slight sympathy in the advantage decisions... players are quick to scream for a foul then moan when the ref gives it too quickly.... but that's the difference between top refs and our ones...

Hm

I didn't think that the goalkeeper should have been sent off for bringing down our forward. It was not a clear goalscoring opportunity and I don't think a defender would have got sent off in the same position. Defenders usually bring down forwards after they have been passed. Our forward (Dernell?) had not passed the goalkeeper.

My main criticism is that he let the goalkeeper waste time. There was one incident when the goalkeeper caught the ball cleanly in the air and then fell flat to the ground without a town player anywhere near. And then stayed on the ground for a good two or three seconds with no -one about him. Then the slow march to the edge of the area before finally releasing the ball. He should have been booked for time-wasting.

I think I know the incident you are talking about with regard to Samir when he clearly interfered with play and ended up on the byeline. We do not need two linos in a game. So what was he doing there?

Unless the number three mouthed off at him I did not think that was a yellow card incident.

Second half after we had scored our two goals Leatherhead committed themselves further forward and Tyler, Karl Ottaway were finding space it seemed to me that the Leatherhead defenders were becoming far too physical and should have been pulled up with several free kicks awarded especially over the stand side.

Altogether I think the ref had a bad game.

I thought the substitution bringing Scott on for Billy after ten minutes was strange seeing as Nathan Livings was playing that role... I can't see those two ever starting together ... Hopefully Tyler is carrying a knock as I'd hate to think he was relegated to the bench due to anything else.... as for the ref... slight sympathy in the advantage decisions... players are quick to scream for a foul then moan when the ref gives it too quickly.... but that's the difference between top refs and our ones...

What did you think was strange? Taking off a player who appeared to have pulled a hamstring? Or replacing him with the nearest like-for-like option on the bench?

Mickey knocked the ball away from the keeper and the goal without actually having clean possession of it and a lot to do a distance out and with recovering defenders. Yellow card was correct.

Andy- The ball is not live when it is securely in the goal keepers hands. And I have seen goalkeepers booked, and free kicks awarded when the goalkeeper has been slow to release the ball.

The goal kicks were taken a lot quicker when Leatherhead were 2-1 down though, I agree, Nathan slowed his kicks down then.

Cracking afternoon out; awful, awful first half, totally different team second. A hard fought and well earned three points.

Excellent Bullard baiting and loved "We're here, we're there, we're not supposed to swear, Enfield Town, Enfield Town"!!!! Genuinely funny.

Andy- The ball is not live when it is securely in the goal keepers hands. And I have seen goalkeepers booked, and free kicks awarded when the goalkeeper has been slow to release the ball.

The goal kicks were taken a lot quicker when Leatherhead were 2-1 down though, I agree, Nathan slowed his kicks down then.

Steph.

The ball is under the control of the goalkeeper. How can you say it's not live? If he walked around the penalty area with the fall at his feet, would you say it's under his control and live? It's the interpretation of the law according to the referee as to how long it's under control or whether he is taking the mick.

shelton is no billy crook... he can't link the midfield with the attack like crook or Harry....that's why we were no attacking threat for most of the game....

I would bet that if Crook was not available he would never have started with both Livings and Shelton together....

No attacking threat? We were 1-0 down and won 2-1... Must of been 2 threats at least huh?  Looking at the stats of Shelton and Crook Shelton picks up marginally more points per game than Crooks..Statistics are a wonderful thing.. Lets just enjoy the win 6more to go.Then hopefully playoffs..

Regarding the yellow or red card for the keeper..There is not doubt in my mind (or seemily anyone elses behind the goal).That even though the Town player moved the ball to the left and a few feet forward as he was taken down by the keepers late foul.He would have still easily have got the ball again had a goalscoring opportunity a few feet from goal.