Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

aylesbury united v ashford town

A well deserved  victory over a good Aylesbury team. The strong wind played a big factor in the match, we were against it in the first half and restricted the Ducks to one goal and a header against the crossbar. We looked dangerous on the break, Mark scored from one of these to level the scores. We were by far the better side after the break and, but for some smart goalkeeping, could have won by a wider margin. Russ scored the winner following up a header from a corner.

In this form, there should be more victories before the end of the season. Good to see old boys Jack Beadle and Conor Moody back with the club.

F#ck me!  Can I get this right? Jack Beadle's back (which is what a lot of people wanted, me included) and Ginger Bobby Moore scored the winner?

Conor came back a fortnight ago and I'm also very pleased to see the return of the rugged midfielder who I never wanted to go either.

Southern League / Step 4 football confirmed for next season with the win. Well done, lads!

Archived