Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SPIKE MILLIGAN R.I.P

ESG

GUTTED! but a poem....<p>You just had to like this goon

Now his life has ended so soon

He made people laugh

Even sat in a bath

A wrote a great book called PUCKOON!<p>Spike Milligan the man was a gent

With a very large comedic bent

He'd have you in stitches

Making fun in his britches

He was truly, a man, heaven sent<p>So it's farewell to the talent he had

We all knew he was REALLY mad

To the Angels he's flown

But we might have known

That although he was funny, it's so sad!<p>

Goodbye Eccles, Minnie, Moriarty, Jim Spriggs, Adolphus Spriggs, Little Jim, Throat, Yakamoto, Lalkaka, Singhiz Thingz, Abdul, Bowser, Basil, Odium, Wolfit, MacGoonigal, Fred Fu Manchu and other fiendish Chinese gentlemen...<p>I'll raise a glass to you and listen to Goon Shows all night.<p>(Mr 'Nagge--you're very lucky to get him.)

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad introduced me to the pleasures of the Goon show and Spike Milligan.<p>I have a recording of his "Bridge Over The River Wye", a piss take of the famous film with all the favorites (including "Field Marshall" Eccles) and Peter Sellers (doing a superb Alec Guiness take off). A very funny record, shame you can't get it on CD.<p>I can also remember that if it wasn't for his "War" biographies I would never had got into reading. Very funny books (have to dust 'em down and re read 'em out of respect).<p>He will be sadly missed but we all have to go sometime.<p>Still, there'll be having a right old laugh in heaven now with all the Goons reunited, lucky buggers!!!<p> tongue.gif" border="0