Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Discipline

Richard C

Again today only one yellow card, would be great to keep this form up and not have to pay our £10/12k fine. Well done, it seems that after being called cheats for 4 games in a row we are starting to do something right, wind the oppo up and become more professional!! excellent.

All the best teams are regularly hated and called cheats - eg: Shrews, Hereford, Chester, would be great to one day be as good and challenge for Div3.

Quote:
Richard C said:
Again today only one yellow card, would be great to keep this form up and not have to pay our £10/12k fine. Well done, it seems that after being called cheats for 4 games in a row we are starting to do something right, wind the oppo up and become more professional!! excellent.

All the best teams are regularly hated and called cheats - eg: Shrews, Hereford, Chester, would be great to one day be as good and challenge for Div3.

Have a look on Devachat

I couldn't agree more....

How many times have we seen our players booked for seemingly innocuous challenges in the Conference as our opponents have been much more acute and fallen at the right angle/time...?

Good to see that we seem to be a bit wiser to this mullarkey now.

Not that I'm overlooking the amount of times that Jacko and Rob Owen used to talk themselves into the book!

Based on Confguide, there were only 6 sides with fewer bookings than us before today, albeit that there are only a couplewho have as many red cards.

Hope I'm not tempting fate when I say that its been 7 games since our last red card - as we had 5 games with red cards in less than 25 games before then, thats something of an improvement.

Lack of discipline was always one of my main gripes. We now seem to have got to grips with Conference refereeing mentality, ie, slightly less than a chimpanzee, but sticking rigidly to the rule book.

We now have refs on our side, 50/50 decisions are going (mostly)our way, virtually no bookings or red cards and results are looking good.

It has taken a season and a half to wise up, but it is now paying dividends.