Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nuneaton defender ready for more big challenges

FF News

Central defender, Brad Gascoigne, has settled well into life at Nuneaton Town and played an integral role in our outstanding 4-1 victory over League leaders, AFC Fylde, last weekend.

Gascoigne and the rest of the back-line did what most other clubs have failed to do this season – keep the prolific AFC Fylde attack quiet.

“We know that we are a good side, but it all came together in the last game,” he said. “It was a comprehensive victory with everyone nuneatondoing their job and it sets down a marker for the kind of level that we need to reach every game now.

“I was happy with my performance. Since I joined the club it has been a case of trying to get back into the groove of playing regular games, but I am getting there.

“I like to get the ball down and play and whilst I feel like I haven’t done that as much as I would have liked since I have been here, I’m pleased with the progress that I am making.

“I’ve known the Gaffer for a long time and he has always had faith in me. He manages to get the best out of me and gets me motivated; it’s a good relationship so it was a no-brainer to come here.

“I’m just happy to be playing regularly again. I want to help get the club moving up the table so that we have a good platform to take into next season.”

The next challenge comes in the form of a trip to Stockport County at the weekend.

“It’s another big game and there is sure to be a big crowd there to see it,” he added. “We’ll be looking to carry on from where we left off in the last game.

“The lads are buzzing and can’t wait to get back out there.”

Having come through the ranks at Birmingham City, Gascoigne moved on to Ilkeston Town having found his path to the first-team blocked at St. Andrews.

Linking up with Corby Town for the first time in 2014, he had a spell with Hereford United before being re-signed for The Steelmen by Tommy Wright and helping them secure the Southern Premier League title.

He has also given service to the likes of Sutton United, Stalybridge Celtic, Rushall Olympic, Worksop Town, Stamford and Buxton.

Source: www.nuneatontownfc.com

Source

Archived