Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-August 17 )

• Photo
    Historian

• Photo
    I am Spartacus

• Photo
    Ritchie

• Photo
    Monkey8

• Photo
    TowerHamletsAdam

• Photo
    ExCalibur

• Photo
    ExLandlord (HUFC)

Photo

Todays game at Cove

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
23 replies to this topic

offline duncs

duncs
  • National Squad - 2nd XI

It would be interesting to hear a non biased view on the incident with no connections with the club involved.

Knowing players at all ages at this level. One can envisage the below situation took place.

Youth player comes on. Dives in harshly looking to impress. Ref pulls player on this and is met with the usual ' fk off ref'etc etc. Ref then gives a bit back.

Now not condoning the ref even if this was the case. But being honest if a player regardless of age is crying because someone said " that's why you are on the bench" i'd find it very difficult to believe and I can see there certainly being another side to this.

unbelievable response well thats the last from me goodbye.

offline Valkyrie

Valkyrie
  • Onlooker
Duncs

Please keep us posted of the progress and result of this matter.
  • Burger! likes this

offline Bronco

Bronco
  • Reserves

I would assume the League operates on the widely accepted principle of innocent until proven guilty. You can't just suspend a ref based on what until now can only be described as hearsay.  We should wait to see what evidence is provided from all sides before jumping to conclusions.

Paul Duncan (Duncs) - as the former Manager of Cove FC - presumably you have already submitted your own formal statement outlining your version of events?

Duncs has always been open about his identity on here. Not sure what your exposal was supposed to prove?

offline Rother

Rother
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Windsor FC & Reading
I like to hear the refs give a bit of banter - today at W&H v Windsor a W&H player was giving it the old "ref, ref!!" after a bit of physical contact (nothing in it) and the ref shouted "get on with it, this is men's football, not an under 16s girls game".

Edited by Rother, 17 April 2017 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus