Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays game at Cove

duncs

It would be interesting to hear a non biased view on the incident with no connections with the club involved.

Knowing players at all ages at this level. One can envisage the below situation took place.

Youth player comes on. Dives in harshly looking to impress. Ref pulls player on this and is met with the usual ' fk off ref'etc etc. Ref then gives a bit back.

Now not condoning the ref even if this was the case. But being honest if a player regardless of age is crying because someone said " that's why you are on the bench" i'd find it very difficult to believe and I can see there certainly being another side to this.

unbelievable response well thats the last from me goodbye.

I would assume the League operates on the widely accepted principle of innocent until proven guilty. You can't just suspend a ref based on what until now can only be described as hearsay.  We should wait to see what evidence is provided from all sides before jumping to conclusions.

Paul Duncan (Duncs) - as the former Manager of Cove FC - presumably you have already submitted your own formal statement outlining your version of events?

Duncs has always been open about his identity on here. Not sure what your exposal was supposed to prove?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to hear the refs give a bit of banter - today at W&H v Windsor a W&H player was giving it the old "ref, ref!!" after a bit of physical contact (nothing in it) and the ref shouted "get on with it, this is men's football, not an under 16s girls game".

Archived