Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay v ETFC

DerekR

An outstanding team performance and tremendous confidence boosting result for The Town this afternoon. After beating Bognor last weekend and Billericay today, hopefully we can finish the season on a high and go on and make the play-offs.

Well done everyone and thanks for the updates DerekR.

That was as as good as Margate away 2 seasons ago. The team were great and our support was incredible and I'm convinced that our support, got the team over the line. Well done to everybody there today who sang their heart out for the whole of the second half. I won't be able to talk until Wednesday !

There's a difference from playing at a club because of the attraction of money and playing because it's your club and you want to do your best and better yourself. You can't buy team spirit that comes from natural camaraderie and genuine player respect of one another. As well as feeling the managers faith in each of his players.

Yesterday's game was about taking your chances and we did Billericay didn't. We were the fitter and more pacy team. We were better organised and on the day we had that bit more luck too. It was our day but we earned it through desire, guts and the bigger will to win. 4 goals against 2 defenders+Goaly who started the season with Conference teams and another who was with Gillingham and an ex England International , plus Eyong , speaks volumes of our threats going forward, magnificent.

"You can't buy team spirit that comes from natural camaraderie and genuine player respect of one another. As well as feeling the managers faith in each of his players."

Spot on .What a day. best day out for ages.I thought our hosts were great, so many said to me "Good game , well done"

3 more finals 2 home one away...Then who knows where the ETFC Rollercoaster will take us...Buzzing

Although a you tube clip by a young lad, it goes to show what a good job Muzzy does when filming.

Additionally I've said this before. We've had an excellent result on Saturday yet the forum postings are very few in comparison when we were not so good a month back. Why is that?

It's the time to feel exuberant, positive and have a skip in our steps as one lot of happy people looking forward to two big fixtures within 48 hours of each other in the biggest 48 hours of our history, let's begin the build up and keep the momentum going.

Additionally I've said this before. We've had an excellent result on Saturday yet the forum postings are very few in comparison when we were not so good a month back. Why is that?

Having read and followed comments over the past two years it seems to me that there are a select one or two who are more interested when the team lose so that they can offer their unbounded knowledge and experience as to how it should be done. However, when the team win, there is nothing for them to say, as there is no platform for them to air their negative opinions. Whilst I would not argue that sometimes things could have be done differently, I am not in charge so respect the decisions that have been made. It is not an exact science and everyone has an opinion be it sensible, right, wrong or just plain ridiculous, but to just criticise and not praise is unhealthy and can have a detrimental effect. I`m not saying that people should not air their views, far from it, but at least give credit where it`s due. Apologies as it is not my intention to put a damper on what was an excellent result and credit to all involved, fans included, but as the previous comment was a question........... just my two bob`s worth ;)