Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd April Match Thread

Premier Division

AFC Hayes v Badshot Lea

Bedfont Sports v Knaphill

Chertsey Town v Farnham Town

Epsom & Ewell v North Greenford United

Guildford City v Bedfont & Feltham

Hanworth Villa v Sutton Common Rovers

Hartley Wintney v Walton & Hersham

Raynes Park Vale v Horley Town

Spelthorne Sports v Colliers Wood United

Westfield v CB Hounslow United

Windsor v Camberley Town

FREE – Abbey Rangers

Division 1

Balham v Cove (at Cobham FC)

Banstead Athletic v Ash United

Eversley & California v Farleigh Rovers

Redhill v Bagshot

Worcester Park v South Park Reserves

HT LOBSTERS 3 BAGSHOT 0.

FT LOBSTERS 6 BAGSHOT 1.

At 3 up visiting keeper picks up a knee injury

but was kept on and as they still have games to play would have thought they would stick a defender in goal especially when the game was out of sight.

Some good play down the wings from Kedze who is on 22. Should have been many more as we had 8 chances hit the

the woodwork

Enjoyable afternoon at Windsor. Sunny, decent atmosphere, not a huge amount of moaning.  A nice old fashioned ground, not enough of them around, and an excellent pitch.  We shaded the 1st half and Windsor shaded the 2nd and scored the only goal.  Probably the right result as they had that mercenary Lazzer playing eh Rother ;)

One little niggle for me and it seems to be every time I go there.  The PA announcer is really not funny so he should stop trying.

Hope the player who went off, didn't catch his name, is ok

One little niggle for me and it seems to be every time I go there.  The PA announcer is really not funny so he should stop trying.

Hope the player who went off, didn't catch his name, is ok

You're lucky Kroons, some of have to listen to him at every home game !!!!  He is from Norfolk though so we have to cut him a bit of leeway ;)

The injured player was Barry Dunbar and he was stood on the terraces having a cigarette 20 mins after being carried off.  Nasty cut on his head and his face had swollen up like the elephant man so might need an X-ray in a few days once the swelling subsides. At least it won't affect his looks though :o  

Barry Dunbar was the player with head injury.

Yeah, he's fine, hard as nails is Barry and was walking around at the end of the game with a smile on his face.

The Chairman Kevin Stott is on the PA. the position has been advertised for the last 2 years but it seems no-one else wants to do it which is a pity. Everybody wants him to stop but no-one wants to step up it seems.

With me it just goes in one ear and out the other, but as soon as he speaks a few people shout "shut up Kevin!!!"

You keeper won some friends today. The young boys (11yo?) behind the goal we're having young boys style banter with him and he smiled and chatted back a little, which I think took them by surprise.

He was also concerned about Barry's injury and seemed to be involved in administering the 1st Aid. I saw him wiping blood off his hands. I guess he is medically trained...?

Banstead Ath 2 Ash Utd 0

A game that showed how far we have come in recent months as we could easily have come away with all three points against a side that deserved to be champions, but just need to put away the chances otherwise we will get punished like today.

1st half we went in a goal down at ht but had three very good chances to be in front. The 2nd half Banstead took control early on & scored a second but from a shelfish view we re grouped & never gave in & could have easily got a goal or 2 back. However this will not take anything away from Banstead as today showed why they are champions of div1...not at their best but grounded out a win & in the end got their rewards a deserved win.

Just want to wish them & redhill all the very best in the premier div next season & hope Balham also get their rewards with promotion & if they do also all the very best.

Now on a shelfish view i hope the side i've supportered for season after season all comeback in pre-season & add as for awhile it looks like we are going the right way

Hope everyone enjoys the break & see you all very soon

He was also concerned about Barry's injury and seemed to be involved in administering the 1st Aid. I saw him wiping blood off his hands. I guess he is medically trained...?

From where I was stood [fairly close] it looked as if had been asked to put pressure on the pad over the cut to stem the blood flow as they applied the banadage to hold it in place.

Barry Dunbar was the player with head injury.

Yeah, he's fine, hard as nails is Barry and was walking around at the end of the game with a smile on his face.

The Chairman Kevin Stott is on the PA. the position has been advertised for the last 2 years but it seems no-one else wants to do it which is a pity. Everybody wants him to stop but no-one wants to step up it seems.

With me it just goes in one ear and out the other, but as soon as he speaks a few people shout "shut up Kevin!!!"

You keeper won some friends today. The young boys (11yo?) behind the goal we're having young boys style banter with him and he smiled and chatted back a little, which I think took them by surprise.

Nice to hear Rother.

Surprised the PA announcer didn't mention it was Barry Dunbar.  I thought he was Super as well :)

Archived