Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

relegation

Two from the Premier Division, unless no one comes down from Step 4. Bottom clubs are always relegated by the FA.

Looking at things I am assuming Ware will replace London Colney and Biggleswade and Harpenden Town will replace London Tigers and FC Broxbourne Borough for the 2017/18 season.

For the 2018/19 season both the Premier Division and Division One need to be trimmed down to 20 clubs each following the introduction of the two new leagues proposed by the FA. 

As to the question of play-offs - I have in my view and always will be against these

Play offs have revolutionised Steps 1,2,3 and 4. Brings crowd in, generates press interest and social media etc. Bigger crowds = more money from entrance fees and behind bars etc

The Ryman Prem used to stagnate sometimes when teams ran away with the title in the 90s... now there is a chance for more teams.

The FA should bring them in at Step 5 and 6 at least. Clubs and fans love them so there is no argument against them in my book

No to playoffs reduces the quality of the teams who go up. Top 2 is the correct way, usually these are two best teams. If you play in a league for 42 games why decide who goes up over  a couple of games. 

Step 4 is a mess, to many teams at 24 in some leagues, playoffs that promote a weaker team and not much relegation either. Some teams who qualified cannot enter the playoffs because there ground does not meet the next level up. 

Quality is the best answer.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/news-articles.php?id=5979

Massive crowd saw City of Liverpool gain promotion from Step 6 to Step 5 in the North West Counties League yesterday.

They have a play off at step 6... top two go up and then 3rd plays 4th for third promotion place.

Think this would defo work in SSMFL D1 with three up/three down

City of Liverpool are well supported so big crowd was always expected..

It would of been Baldock v Langford in D1 this year... sure this would of attracted a 300+ crowd and given good teams another chance of going up.

From a purely mercenary point of view why not have the play offs ? They always generate income and if you win and can't get promoted cos of facilities the money's in the bank . Better earner than dome of the plethitude of Cups clubs enter.

I've always wondered why there are no playoffs for Div 1 at least. It's not just the extra revenue from the games themselves but all the extra games as sides have something to play for at the end of the season. At the end of the day, everyone loves drama in football even if it doesn't always reward the best team

Archived