Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play-off Semi-Final v Dulwich

I agree with both of the last two contributions as to how the club can improve on the pitch. Over the past few years we have

indeed improved out of all recognition. However, we are now nearing the cross

roads and if we are to make that extra step to promotion a number of the

observations which have been made by LS and ST need to be addressed. To help

achieve them I recognise that the cash flow to the club has to be an on going

sustainable basis.

I have to admit that I applaud the financial initiatives that the clubs

administrators are trying to put in place. If hope that those supporters who can

afford to will sign up with me to one of the schemes recently published.

I say his purely as a supporter, but one who has at times been critical of various actions taken in the past by management but now acknowledge that to retain this

right I need to put my money where my mouth is.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I agree with both of the last two contributions. Over the past few years we have

indeed improved out of all recognition. However, we are now nearing the cross

roads and if we are to make that extra step to promotion a number of the

observations which have been made by LS and ST need to be addressed. To help

achieve them I recognise that the cash flow to the club has to be an on going

sustainable basis.

I have to admit that I applaud the financial initiatives that the clubs

administrators are trying to put in place. If hope that those supporters who can

afford to will sign up with me to one of the schemes recently published.

I say his purely as a supporter, but one who has at times been critical of various actions taken in the past by management but now acknowledge that to retain this

right I need to put my money where my mouth is.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Agree with LS. We only need two or three additions. I think we have enough forwards a couple not yet fully developed. Central attacking midfield is a bit light if we are missing Billy for any reason and when Scott is suspended, and he is going to get suspended. Also centre back.

Main thing is keeping bench players happy and fit. With no official reserve games the likes of Tom Nigel Nathan Samir keir, Percy and at certain points of the season Bobby didnt get enough game time and lost fitnessand match sharpness. Tom and keir both went to other clubs as a result.

We need a few reserve fixtures to ensure we have the depth of squad and brad doesn't have to chop and change so much to keep players motivated and match fit.

Tamplin said he will manage Billericay up until the conference South and then look for a top manager from the conference onwards. :rolleyes: What with him being so 'showbiz' ,i'm sure he'll bring in a nationally known manager if and when he sacks himself.I'd be more worried about losing Brad to his old club Braintree who got relegated today.

The reality is that promotion via play offs is difficult whatever league uses this system. I am not advocating a

return to "the good old days" when in all leagues it was two up, two down, but the new system is fraught with

pitfalls. Looking at the Ryman Premier (and I am writing this before the Bognor - Dulwich match starts), Bognor

were one goal away from automatic promotion. They finished 12 points above Dulwich. If Bognor had scored the winnerin their last game Havant would have been runners-up and 14 points clear of third place, yet past results will

show finishing well clear in second place doesn't always turn into promotion.

Play offs are great theatre and they attract big crowds so they are here to stay but it doesn't mean they are

perfect.

What with such a long season and all the many months of effort in making the play-off.I feel the first play-off game should be over two legs.With a one-off final.Just think what a great event a home leg would have been again Dulwich? Massive crowd and a decent chance to fight for promotion. First leg on the thursday.Return leg Saturday,with the final bank holiday monday.

I share everyone's disappointment with the outcome of the Dulwich match. A great effort by Brad and the boys getting us into the play offs this season, but we have yet to beat Dulwich in any competition, I believe, so our task at Champion Hill was always going to be an uphill struggle, against a well established club, with much larger support and income. Hopefully, we can be up there with the best again next season, and achieve promotion.

Having just returned from holiday, I am off this afternoon to Bognor to see them face Dulwich in the Play Off Final. There will probably be a crowd of 2000+ and it will definitely be one helluva match. I saw the same two teams compete in the semi-final last season, which Dulwich won before losing to East Thurrock in the final. Be interesting to see how this one finishes! Will it be the same result as last season, or will The Rocks achieve the success their season deserves!

Congratulations to 2017 Ryman Premier promotion play-off winners Bognor, who gave an outstanding performance to beat Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 at Nyewood Lane this afternoon, in front of a crowd of 3119.

This is the second year running that Dulwich have lost in the play-off final. Last season they missed out at East Thurrock, after beating Bognor in the semi-final down here on the south coast. Will it be third time lucky for them next season, or can we pip them and win automatic promotion ourselves?

Albury Walker - It'll be another season of Ryman Premier football thanks.. still one step ahead of The Ambers

. It's just a matter of time before we catch up . Every year you lot just miss out . You need to face facts You are staying put.

Lets not have too much of a go at Audrey.His teams ground will be turned into housing soon. (with promises of a new stadium to follow).We all know how bad that felt when it happened to us.

Correction .... You mean a stadium that you monkeys can only dream of , Two clubhouses, A conference suite rent from over 120 apartments , not to mention rent from 3G pitch, Spurs ladies and FC Romania who pay honest rent unlike some . You Townies are going to know what envy is very soon. Don't forget we have an ambitious young chairman and you had you know who. L m a o.

Correction .... You mean a stadium that you monkeys can only dream of , Two clubhouses, A conference suite rent from over 120 apartments , not to mention rent from 3G pitch, Spurs ladies and FC Romania who pay honest rent unlike some . You Townies are going to know what envy is very soon. Don't forget we have an ambitious young chairman and you had you know who. L m a o.

Envious of you spending a long time ground sharing out of the borough whilst hundreds of apartments are built on your old ground.Hoping a ground and pitch will be built by the side of it. Tens of millions will be made from a  property developer using your clubs landto  build on.Lets hope he tags on a decent little stadium onto it at the end of it all. Ps..Good luck trying to drive out onto the A10 or the high road after games once its all been redeveloped.

Hope you'll be very happy............it'll still be in Cheshunt though eh?!?!?