Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Manager Movement.

Vauxhall Man.... rather harsh comments in my opinion.

I'm sure all the board members didn't want Brad to go but at the end of the day he's been given a great opportunity to manage a club he played over a decade for and over 500+ times in a higher Division.

What more could they have done to keep him at The Town?

Guess your right cold end i was just very angry and frustrated that we have lost i.m.o one of the best young managers in non league football.

Now we sit back and watch this great side being broken up with our best players following brad.

Still new Manager new ideas new players and we start again i guess.COYT.

All we've got to do is get behind the new boss whoever it may be... I'm sure there will be lots of interest.

Undoubtedly we will lose some of the team and a few may follow Brad but that's the nature for footie...

Lets not forget that once again we failed to gain promotion and once again we had an awful start to the season and that Brad only managed to find a settled starting 11 and formation after a several seasons of trying.We haven't lost a great manager and we are not having a great team being split up.

We have a lost a manager that has learned a lot from his time and the club but has made plenty of mistakes.He is young, hungry,learning and improving ,but he is not the finished article by a long way.In my opinion the team this season are no better than previous seasons and it would not be impossible to replace any players leaving with equivalent quality.IF we appoint the right manager.

Edited by lovely stuff

This is one of the reasons I prefer a fans owned constitution for our club. Players and managers come and go but fans remain loyal to their team.

This is a good opportunity to refresh the side and bring in some exciting new talent.

Clubs which are not fans' owned have supporters who are loyal to the team. ETFC is no different in that respect.

Disappointing but not surprising. It is a fact of non-league football. Managers and players come and go - supporters stay.

I agree with Steph - although Brad's decision inevitably means wholesale changes to the squad, what an opportunity for somebody else! We are a progressive club, with a loyal fan base, and a good track record of improving players who can prove themselves at a higher level if given the chance. That sells itself at our level and sets us apart.

I doubt the board will be on the phone seeking applicants; the complete opposite I expect. Important we select the right candidate though (glad that responsibility doesn't fall on me!) Change is good - let's see some new faces/talent and see what they can do.

The most important thing us supporters can do is stay loyal and continue to support the club, financially or otherwise, as best we can.

Exciting times if we look at it the right way!!

Very sorry to hear of Brads departure. However it should not come as a great

surprise.

It must be obvious to all that the financial pressure on a fan based club, such as ours, must inevitable govern just how far it will go. Therefore, it is

understandable, that after several years he has taken up Braintree's offer and in addition releaved himself of having to manage under the same restraints.

I go back to an earlier submission of mine, made just after the announcement of the procurement of the new 99 new lease, that to sustain the ground you needed a

team to support it. It seemed that we were on the way to achieving this but now I am starting to share VMan's view regarding going backwards.

My deep concern is what funds the Board are willing to expend on a new

manager,of similar calibre. From this you will be able to judge what

their ambitions are.