Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dunstable Town rumour

I heard this weekend that Dunstable Town are requesting relegation back into the South Midlands league from Southern Premier. If this is true and the request is granted, could it see Hertford obtain their promotion....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it would probably be on a reprieve rather than an additional promotion.

I guess it will all become clear in the coming weeks. Perhaps the incoming chairman doesn't feel that the club has the appropriate infrastructure (sustainable financing) to operate at the current level.

Heard nothing over our way. New "Interim" Chairman runs a local estate agents and is the main sponsor of the club. 

Travel in the SL Premier is daunting and made no easier with Hereford and Tiverton being promoted,

I heard this weekend that Dunstable Town are requesting relegation back into the South Midlands league from Southern Premier. If this is true and the request is granted, could it see Hertford obtain their promotion....

I'm sure Gavin and all at Hertford would prefer to go up having won the title. Having said that, if it's offered on a plate, why not?

That's what happens when you swim with the big boys. Its a money pit. Having said that we will be making a big effort to go up when we move into our new Step 3 facility.

To be fair, Southern League Central ain't to bad. For us most clubs within 40 miles, plus a lot of local games.

Prem though a completely different matter. You find a lot of clubs are limited companies with board of directors.

I think a lot of clubs at Spartan level don't understand what it takes to run a club at the next level or so. A few volunteers on a Saturday and Tuesday is all very well and good, but the next level requires a professional and business like approach, not just a few old hands looking for a hobby. Needs to be run like a business, by people who understand the business.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a lot of clubs at Spartan level don't understand what it takes to run a club at the next level or so. A few volunteers on a Saturday and Tuesday is all very well and good, but the next level requires a professional and business like approach, not just a few old hands looking for a hobby. Needs to be run like a business, by people who understand the business.

Agree 100%

Heard rumours from a reliable source that Dunstable Town have in fact applied to be relegated to the SSML. Also the manager has walked. If accepted, which pretty much sure SSML have to accept them, what happens to Harpenden?

Take it if true, would just take London Colney's spot and Harpenden can go up.

But what happens if LC decline promotion?