Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dover KSC

Gordon T

I thought Louie was our best player by far on an extremely forgetable night for the club. At least he seemed to want to fight for the ball. I wish he would be played as an attacking midfielder as opposed to a striker, though, because that's where he's likely to be far more effective.

Anyway, the kiss of death has been put on Louie's Fleet career as I bought his shirt at the recent auction. The last player's shirt I aquired was Tostao's and look what happened to him!!!!

Quote:
Richard C said:the verbal abuse of Evans when it had gone quiet was a dreadful shame. He quite clearly heard it all and looked very upset.

If that was the case, then it's shocking...will we never learn?

Whatever your thoughts on their ability, we ruined young Simon Parker through taunting and Louie was clearly affected last season too.

We send him out on loan to gain match fitness and confidence and he proved a revelation at Bedford. We get him back and he has looked very sharp recently - particularly seeing as how someone else on here said that Walshe and Evans were the only ones "up for it" I find the levels of abuse completly unnecessary and unfair irrespective of the player! Save it for our opponnts!

Yes, it's a crap result. But we clearly don't rate the KSC anymore now we're "the second biggest team in Kent".

Im not peed about paying £10 not at all. I pay into the trust monthly, i bought Shearers shirt the other night, i am a season ticket fan and i will put money in jars at the fleet when required. I do however along with my brother and others feel that its a joke to pay £10 and then literally watch players put very little or no effort at all in. I could have been playing out there and would have looked our best player. That was what was unfair. I still dont regret another £10 into the club but it was awful value for money!

i heard that shearer has to have an opperation on the 20th Jan to have three wisdom teth removed might just explain his performances at the moment i know when i have a tooth ache the last thing i want to ddo is run around might also explain his lack of humour

Facinating thread, Fleet fans are articulate and dedicated, thought you might like to see what one of your fans wrote on our forum, "Re: Gravesend win

Author: Richard C gnfc (62.60.124.---)

Date: Wed 7 Jan 2004 11:15

Well played Dover. At least you guys turned up and wanted it unlike our 3rd team. Disgrace to make us pay £10 and then play the third team and they didnt make any effort to run around and look interested, all in all a disgrace even though it was only the kent senior cup! Well played Dover, very enthusiastic. First ive seen of Carruthers, if he had a better touch would be a very good player.

On another point - 'lucky for gravesend we didnt play our first team'!!!!

Lucky for Dover we didnt play ours aswell then!!

Strange night allround really!

I wasn't there due to unforeseen circumstances, Louie Evans is NOT the sort of player who can take critism wth a pinch of salt, he is a great player but will not flourish with morons taunting him whenever he loses the ball or chooses the wrong option. The same goes for Ben Abbey, yet recently he has responded to the critism in the best way-playing well and scoring goals.

Whatever happened during that match, the overall performance summed up exactly why so few (when compared to our conference attendances) chose not to attend.

Yes - it was awful.

Yes - the atmosphere was less exciting than a visit to the dentist.

No amount of griping is going to change the fact we all paid £10 to watch a very poor match.So let's move forward and worry about the Trophy game on saturday.

It's about supporting your team through thick and thin in competitions that matter - the KSC is third rate competition which only third rate outfits take seriosuly.

Not compairing in the Fleet to the Guru's and it's slightly unrealistic to do so. One team represents the Sikh/Indian community, the other supposedly represents the entire Borough of Gravesham. Guru's playing in the KSC would get me out of my house because the Guru's are a tiny team in relation to the Fleet. Fleet in the KSC just bores me.

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
It's about supporting your team through thick and thin in competitions that matter - the KSC is third rate competition which only third rate outfits take seriosuly.

Supporting your team through 'thick and thin'.....
.....'in competitions that matter but not in third rate competitions'?
Seems that yet again that you are contradicting yourself.

Not at all. When I say supporting through thick and thin what I meant was supporting your team throught the good and bad times, being there to see the highs and lows. For example a good league place one season or good cup run followed by relegation.

Judging by your post you obviosuly think the KSC is the thin end of the wedge as well, unless your naive enough to think a meaningless match against Dover in a competiotion only open to a few local sides is living the high life.

What I'm saying is even if we got to the Final of the KSC I would still choose to ignore it as in my opinion it's a unwelcome distraction from our priorities.

The good times and bad times, being there to see the highs and lows - this obviously takes every situation, including last night.

Living the high-life????? Congratualtions - you make bull**** an art form.

However, I am most impressed in the manner with which you try to twist being wrong into being right at every opportunity.

Enjoy being English!

Andy's comment in the Reporter today :-

I was embarassed by our performance and thats why I kept the players in the Dressing Room for 30 minutes after the match.

I gave the players an opportunity to show me what they could do and they haven't taken it.

Some of the players wont be at the club by the end of the season because the performance against Dover was just not good enough

Quote:
Stu M said:
Blimey, the war of the national-flag avatars. Any chance of you two having your own forum or do we all have to nail our colours to the mast now?

I hereby declare 2004 the year of The Union Jack.
Fly 'em high & proud people!

Next week: I declare independence for England.

The week after: I give Gravesend automatic promotion to The Champions League!!!!!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Quote:
Gravesindian said:

Supporting your team through 'thick and thin'.....
.....'in competitions that matter but not in third rate competitions'?
Seems that yet again that you are contradicting yourself.

Leaguse, FA Cup and FA Trophy, there the only things I'd bother watching the Fleet in. Whatever division GNFC were in then I would pay my money at cheer them on butlike I said the KSC ain't worth a w@nk.

Wouldn't waste 50p watching the two-bob cup let alone waste a hard earned tenner watching it. Suprised I'm even wasting time discussing it.

Quote:
Gravesindian said:Leaguse, FA Cup and FA Trophy, there the only things I'd bother watching the Fleet in. Whatever division GNFC were in then I would pay my money at cheer them on butlike I said the KSC ain't worth a w@nk.

Wouldn't waste 50p watching the two-bob cup let alone waste a hard earned tenner watching it. Suprised I'm even wasting time discussing it.

It's not the competition itself that's rubbish - the teams in it sometimes make it rubbish. Unfortunately, in recent years too many non-league teams have taken the lead of top flight teams and not given their all in so-called Mickey Mouse competitions (the top flight's equivalent, of course, being the League Cup).