Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

They were not on the FA's Step 5/6 list, other clubs were subject to appeal. So I guess they are in the Isthmian League this season.

They were not on the FA's Step 5/6 list, other clubs were subject to appeal. So I guess they are in the Isthmian League this season.

But why would Joe Sweeney resign?

That was his aim to get promoted, wasn't it?

Players all seem to be jumping ship. Not a good sign.

A massive shame after winning a very competitive division.

If they do intend to turn down promotion, what happens? I imagine there'll be another reprieve at step 4. But who do we lose to accommodate them (if we do)?

Feel it would be rather harsh to unreprieve London Tigers having already announced them as part of the league for next season.

And even harsher if the newly promoted clubs were prevented from coming up.

with both Hellenic (20 clubs) and Essex Senior League (21 clubs) lacking with the required 22 members the FA might well be looking at moving clubs sideways to accommodate any they deem to go into the ssml

If LC are going to play at Step 4 there will be no announcement because it has been announced by the FA already. The appeal is allowed after 14 days of the announcement so this has passed too.

Posted by Windy on another's Forum

The Nonleague Paper are saying that London Colney will decide tomorrow at the clubs AGM, whether they are going to remain at step 5. After being placed in the IL1N & not there preferred destination which was the SL1C. This has led to the resignation of manager Joe Sweeney. 
I would assume that Hertford Town who were SSML Prem runners up, have passed the ground grading & also applied will be promoted instead. 

Being an ex LCFC player many years ago and in regular contact with last seasons crop of players it looks like the club are really going to struggle to continue. Both manager and board/committee have resigned and walked away, the majority of the squad have committed themselves elsewhere, Jon Clements at WGCFC, 5 or 6 key players look set to be joining previous manager Ryan Thompson at Colney Heath FC. Definitely no chance the club will be playing step 4 next season, may even be the case they are not playing at all and fold. 

Ridiculous from them really.

They clearly wanted promotion last season. Went to the effort of "upgrading" their ground and built a team capable of it.

Surely they spared at least some small thought to how it might actually pan out.

If it's purely because they wanted Southern League over Ryman, then I really don't get it. I can't see one being far worse than the other in terms of travel for them.

Anyway, looks a done deal. Hertford players have already been told they're promoted according to Twitter.

Probably not the way they would have wanted to go up. But I'm sure they'll grasp it with both hands.

Neil Metcalfe (Sports Journalist) just tweeted

Really worrying news for London Colney FC. Four of the main committee members have resigned & the club could well be on the verge of folding. Still trying to get more information but they say they need a new committee by this Monday. People who can invest "time and money".

This is unbelievable, until we know the facts we can speculate!

If it is to do with budget it shows how teams at this level will struggle year after year until the correct funding is put into place!

were LC rewarded by the F.A. for winning the league?