Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will a Vote be needed?

Smudge

To elect teams into the CCL Div 1,who this season did not exist at any level in the pyramid.They were however a Member 2 seasons ago,but resigned last season.Was a precedent set by South Kilburn who resigned,then reapplied to join,but failed on a vote by Member Clubs.Should Dorking Wanderers be allowed to reapply,just to serve the purpose of a few?

Such a shame that this once great site,has come to this,everyone scared of legal action.Has legal action ever been taken? There is an old saying,YOU CANNOT GET BLOOD OUT OF A STONE.My own personal opinion is that Dorking Wanderers Reserves should not be allowed back in to the CCL.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm sure the esteemed Lazarus will inform us of any developments after having checked with the Legues lawyers.  (MORE money for the legal-eagles !!!)  :ph34r:

I think it's safe to say if you live in the Dorking area and want to watch CCL football you may need to go to South Park or Redhill for your nearest grounds.

...  and meet the renowned 'Burger', AND enjoy the ambiance and food (with mustard now, I'm told !!)

:bolt:

To reiterate, Dorking Wanderers Reserves were not allowed by the FA to re-join the CCL next season.  They were turned down because current rules require any club applying to go into Step 6 from outside the National League System has to apply by a certain date and their application was after this date.  It would have been difficult for them to apply within the deadline as the news of Dorking FC intending to fold was not generally known before the deadline.

Voting clubs in or out at AGM's is unlikely to happen again.  This is because the FA now dictate who comes in and who goes out at all levels within the Non-League System.

I think it's safe to say if you live in the Dorking area and want to watch CCL football you may need to go to South Park or Redhill for your nearest grounds.

Would be great if a few Dorking fans were to pop along if they prefer not to go wandering, also any players through out the age ranges who find themselves no longer under the umbrella of a club or not getting a game then pop along to Kiln Brow for a chat.

Might possibly might just do that, Burgs.

Can't wait until next season, but not until this lovely summer season has passed, and more rumours and speculation emerge and all the baloney has died away..

Archived