Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the two previous comments I have recently heard from a reliable source that our new manager " can be a bit short on personality" but by admission from the same source has large contacts amongst our level of non-league football. Also that some other candidates may have had better credentials but little experience with working with in the parameters of our team budget.

In these circumstances the decision has been made and we can only await the outcome. After all it could have been Ricky's previous manager!!!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

He has an amazing little black book of non-league contacts. I'm concerned that he gets too emotional and it tends to cloud his tactical thinking. Would be an excellent coach alongside a level-headed manager but watch out for run ins with opposition managers and officials that cost games.

What you say sounds familiar and I agree with you but, even if we could afford it, I don't think he would appreciate working as a number "2". It depends if he lets Darren Purse coach. After all hasn't he got his UAFA "A" Badge. Not that many of those are in this

country?

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

You are right, Andys ego wouldn't let him be a number 2 from what I have seen. As a supporter owned club he needs to know his budget and not overspend. From my understanding, he has a track record of promising players more than he can deliver in financial terms. It will be a roller coaster ride with some good days though. ETFC is a fantastic club with huge potential and I look forward to going again as a groundhopper.

Seems to me that any manager who has been  with a Club for such a long period cannot be too bad at working to a budget and getting on with players. It's also good to see some spirit  from the bench from time to time. Appears to have worked for Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Conte etc

Really looking forward to seeing what they can do to attract and retain good players and get results.

If he can get the cup runs that our previous managers were unable to do then the budget may increase proportionately. In other words if he delivers then the cash may flow.

It was ridiculous last year that we missed out on the money that a good FA cup run could have delivered.

At 40 Darren Purse can still cut it, just maybe not against a speed merchant! Used to do well against Barry Hayles in training....

Is that you Meaksey  :D   

Wow I just heard Andy is here at the Townies... I wonder how he's gonna put up with having his every move scrutinised .  

Now lets see ..... some of what other Townie managers have had to put up with...on this website

Why is this player on the bench 

why was this player not put on the pitch sooner

why was this player even  on the pitch 

why wasnt this player in the squad 

why was this player not taken off sooner 

why was this player in this position 

why was so and so taking corners 

why isnt so and so taking freekicks 

why wasnt this player in that position 

why was so and so not pushing forward 

why wasnt so and so back defending 

why cant this player pass to whats his name 

why is butterfingers in goal again 

why is two left feet in the forward line 

For Christ sakes I could go on all night here  :D   

Poor Andy is in for a Unique experience with you lot  and I hope he (Andy the Messiah ) reunites with Ambers (where he belongs)when he gets cheesed off with you lots picking his teams for him  :lol:  

Right time to message the Prophet he's gonna just love this  :P