Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stafford named as Bootle joint-manager

FF News

Former Bootle player and captain Phil Stafford has been appointed joint manager of Bootle FC, working alongside Joe Doran.

Phil arrives at the club having spent the last two and a half seasons at Litherland REMYCA in the Hallmark Security League 1st Division.

Phil guided the REMY to their highest ever place finish of 3rd last season before eventually losing out in the playoffs to City Of Liverpool. Prior to joining REMY he guided Maghull FC to their first West Cheshire League Championship in his first full season of management.

Phil and Joe will be joined by current Assistant Manager Richie Boswarva who will continue in his role. Tony Ellis, Nick Browne and James Hayes complete the management team.

Joe Doran said: “I have known Phil since school and we have played in the same teams on more occasions than I can remember. We have always shared the same values and philosophies about football and I can’t wait to get started with Phil.

"He has passion and commitment but more importantly brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the club and I believe as team we can achieve our ultimate goal of the club.

“I am really happy that Phil agreed to join me at Bootle I know he has great affection for the club as do I so we will not rest until we succeed in our targets”.

Commenting on the appointment, Phil Stafford said: "First of all I would just like to thank the REMY for everything we’ve been through over the past two and a half years. It’s a great club, with great people behind the scenes, I wish the club every success in the future.

"Bootle have made me and offer that I could not turn down and I can’t wait to get started at the club. In my opinion Bootle are one of the biggest clubs in non-league and a club that has always been close to my heart, having played and captained the side in my playing days.

"When I first stepped into management it was the one job I wanted to be associated with. I want to thank Joe and the committee for the opportunity and I will give everything I can to make my time here a success."

The duo's first game in charge will be against Southport on Saturday 8 July.

Source: www.hallmarksecurityleague.com

Source

Archived