Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division one predictions

Enfield Borough will cause a few upsets... and I think Codicote with Gifton Noel Williams will do well too.

Agree with Baldock Town as FAVs and Brimsdown who will have a good season too I predict.

London Lions will walk the league! Best pitch in Hertfordshire, best football side in all divisions and some very, very talented players.

Expect Ampthill to mount a challenge if the manager gets it right, Baldock Town and Enfield Borough will be tough physically and obviously you would expect Southall to be competing. 

• 1 month later...

London Lions will walk the league! Best pitch in Hertfordshire, best football side in all divisions and some very, very talented players.

Expect Ampthill to mount a challenge if the manager gets it right, Baldock Town and Enfield Borough will be tough physically and obviously you would expect Southall to be competing.

Lions were excellent when Sloma was there that year and surface was great, so strange it all fell apart when they got promoted.

People sometimes under estimate the strength of Div 1 I think, last season Biggleswade FC were exceptional and just 7/8 points away from spending another year in the league! There will be a lot of strong sides this season but pretty sure London Lions won't be walking it! They were playing County League last season, it is a fair step! That said, the fixtures have been fairly kind to them early on!

Seems there will be quite a few strong sides. Buckingham Atletic have made lots of ground improvements to facilitate step up, seems they have their eyes on promotion. There are a lot of confident sides it seems could be any from 10-12 as far as I can tell. I wouldn't think anyone will 'walk' it. Come end Nov we will have a fair idea.

Saw Buckingham Athletic's game on Saturday against what I assume to have been a decent squad from Aylesbury United (certainly wasn't a young team at any rate). Including subs Ath played probably six of the kids from last season's U18 side and they were very impressive. A successful blend with more experienced and stronger players could see them do well.

Archived