Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Moving on

djwilf

Morning

Just wondered if anyone had any details of previous years and how we ve got on when players have moved on. This is not meant as a loaded question but....

Gk

Rb

Cb

Cb

Cm

Cm

Lw/Wb

I guess that is 7 players from the playoff team/squad and naturally there is movement at the end of a season. Still may be more too.

Just wondered if anyone knows of another time when the team changed this much? How well did we cope? Was it possible to replace? I still think as has been said previously no player is bigger than the club.

Thoughts anyone?

When Steve Newing took over, he brought pretty much a complete new squad with him, which gelled pretty quickly. Going further back, when Eddie McCluskey took over the old EFC in 1980, pretty much the same thing happened

Quite right FJ but the circumstances where slightly different. By 1981 EFC were

regarded as one of the non-league clubs in the country and rising. This had begun

in late 50s and was initially due to the involvement of

Thorns Electrical(Ferguson TVs). By the end of the 80s

the non-league annual

declared them " The non-league club of the decade". Any where you went people had heard of the club. Players came from far afield. Yes for the money, but all for the prestige of playing for the club. Going to Braintree hardly represents comparison.

I repeat what I have said over the past few days lets hope that the new manager

can cobble together a team to consolidate our position and let's forget those who have left. I am sure we will probably be seeing some of them knocking on the door soon. I know what my reply would be.

Archived